Evelynn really isn't OP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galefire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2012

Send Ryze. He already builds tanky, and his W keeps her from outright bursting him down in lane. She can only turn to ganks for snowball, and if you play right and get pink wards you'll see it coming way ahead of time.

KillerJaedong

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galefire View Post
Send Ryze. He already builds tanky, and his W keeps her from outright bursting him down in lane. She can only turn to ganks for snowball, and if you play right and get pink wards you'll see it coming way ahead of time.
Ryze is not tanky until later. And ryze push is weak.
Evelynn can push lane and gank constantly. You can't pinkward the entire map (all paths) all the time.

Xyltin

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanih View Post
She's not op, "she can one shot carry OMG NERF"

Brought to you by the same people who hate Leblanc, akali and every other assassin in the game
If you can't see the difference yourself, you shouldn't post in this thread.

chuckdeez59

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2012

big thread now so haven't read it all, but it's not her lane phase that's op.

It's her roaming that's op. She's a better tf. I rarely get my first few kills against the enemy mid laner. However, i will go bot and get a double kill and hunt down the enemy jungler and kill him. then, I come back to lane and destroy whoever is mid then go gank again.

This is op.

Xyltin

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerJaedong View Post
Ryze is not tanky until later. And ryze push is weak.
Evelynn can push lane and gank constantly. You can't pinkward the entire map (all paths) all the time.
AS a supporter, i once made a cirlce of pink wards (a big one) around the drake (river top and bot, drake if she flashes over the wall and the 2 entrances in the jungle on purple side).
I then went in the middle of that circle and said to my team: Lets wait here for eve. We have pink wards around. She can't surprise us in here.
So we set there for 5 min and waited, but eve didn't show up.
=> game lost

What i wanted to say with that: You are right. Nobody can ward the whole map alone. We saw the tournament games of M5 with Eve, and TPA couldn't counter her.
IG was able to shut her down early, but that didn't make her weak enough. DFG and she was back in the game carrying her team.

jámos

10-15-2012

i think it's the fact that she gets a 300 damage shield for landing her ulti.
1.5k for hitting the entire team.. a bit much?

program01

10-15-2012

Place pink ward in river, SEE HER COMING, play defensive, watch as Eve gets no farm, no kills, and loses turret, gg.

Seriously. I don't even own Evelynn, but I've surely played against her, and she's not that difficult to shut down.

smokemyblackpole

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by program01 View Post
Place pink ward in river, SEE HER COMING, play defensive, watch as Eve gets no farm, no kills, and loses turret, gg.

Seriously. I don't even own Evelynn, but I've surely played against her, and she's not that difficult to shut down.
Her burst is ranged. By the time you see her you will be half health or dead. She is not melee she is ranged so just because you see her doesn't mean she won't dfg+ult combo you down. A pink ward is not enough because she had a speed boost + ranged combo.

Xyltin

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by program01 View Post

Say that to TPA and IG.
Both teams shut her down or tried to and she always carried M5 to victory.
Both teams needed to ban her for the other games against M5.

But that is probably only cause these asian teams have no idea how to play lol. I mean who is TPA? Do you know them?

Also every lane needs at least 2 wards agaisnt her (only wardning top and bot lane).
So 4 wards every 3 min => 600g every 3 min => 200g per min.
Normal would be 2-3 normal wards every 3 min => 225 every 3 min => 75g per min.

= 125g per min to counter Eves ganks (to a certain amount).
That is a lot of money for a counter that doesn't work after Eve realizes that you are doing it and starts gaking over the lane (get into 700 range, DFG + R -> W and you will catch the enemey).

And about her turret. The jungler can defend it. Eve goes B to buy, goes to another lane and gank. Jungler can take 1-2 waves mid.
Eve gets a kill, lane gets an assisst. Jungler gets CS. Wait till CD is ready again.

And you can't tower hug only. At lvl 6 two people are enough to tower dive when she can burst that hard.

sure, eve can lose, but the chances that a good eve loses are low and mostly because her other lanes are really bad.

smokemyblackpole

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyltin View Post
Say that to TPA and IG.
Both teams shut her down or tried to and she always carried M5 to victory.
Both teams needed to ban her for the other games against M5.
To reiterate: If the best team in the world can't beat eve without banning her, how do you really expect an unorganized group of solo queue players to beat her?