Average FPS

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChoMuddah

09-28-2010

Hey guys,

Just been playing LoL on the Mac client and been getting some mediocre FPS (20-35fps) and that is with VERY LOW settings.. Though when playing via Bootcamp im getting a solid 60-75fps on VERY HIGH settings

Just wondering if there is anyway to boost the FPS or improve the FPS on the Mac Client.

Specs are:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro7,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 320M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB

1andrew

09-29-2010

Same here. I have a solid 60fps in Bootcamp, with most of the settings on high. I have all the settings on very low, and get about 25fps in OSX. You have to remember the implementation using Cider, and not a native Mac client. I'm sure they will work on performance issues, but don't expect miracles overnight.

If there is someway to speed up LoL that I have overlooked, please let us know.

JudoPunch

09-29-2010

Instances of this bug have been posted, you should have looked before starting a new thread.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=258994

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=266332

and not the least
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=267777

Udyr

eCommerce Manager

Follow Udyr on Twitter

09-29-2010
1 of 3 Riot Posts

The lower FPS is due to an issue with PVP.net using too much CPU in the background and is an issue we are actively working on.

Paradoks

09-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udyr View Post
The lower FPS is due to an issue with PVP.net using too much CPU in the background and is an issue we are actively working on.
I read a post earlier that mentioned that Riot was using Cider to translate the client from windows into an osx compatible program.

Is this true? If yes, please continue to the second question.

Does it have ramifications on the quality of game play in any way? Such as higher workload, delayed real-time game play requests/commands, and will this "translation" be used for the final osx client build?

Udyr

eCommerce Manager

Follow Udyr on Twitter

10-01-2010
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradoks View Post
I read a post earlier that mentioned that Riot was using Cider to translate the client from windows into an osx compatible program.

Is this true? If yes, please continue to the second question.

Does it have ramifications on the quality of game play in any way? Such as higher workload, delayed real-time game play requests/commands, and will this "translation" be used for the final osx client build?
Yes we are using Cider; it is the technology that we will be running on for the Mac client for the final client.

While there is some overhead related to Cider, response time for inputs should be the same.

RZ123

10-01-2010

i think the question ultimately is, will our FPS and loading time be the same as we should be getting on windows, cuz it would be unfair for Mac users.

P.S udyr, whats "while there is some overhead related to Cider" mean? im assuming there are ramifications on quality of game play no matter.. i just hope my load time will go back somewhere close to my windows counterpart

Udyr

eCommerce Manager

Follow Udyr on Twitter

10-01-2010
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RZ123 View Post
i think the question ultimately is, will our FPS and loading time be the same as we should be getting on windows, cuz it would be unfair for Mac users.

P.S udyr, whats "while there is some overhead related to Cider" mean? im assuming there are ramifications on quality of game play no matter.. i just hope my load time will go back somewhere close to my windows counterpart
Its really an apples to oranges comparison for lack of a better expression.

Graphics: Windows uses DirectX, Mac uses Open GL
File system: Windows uses NTFS or Fat32, Mac uses their own
Drivers: Windows has 3rd party support from ATI, Mac has drivers integrated into the os

I could go on about the differences between the two operating system and how they are different and can produce different results even with the same hardware.

What I will say is that we are committed to providing Mac users with the best experience possible on the native OS and we will continue to improve the game over time.

AlexKunSanSama

10-02-2010

I have this problem as well I hope you guys fix it soon, because IMO it's much harder to play on lower FPS vs High FPS.

sciyth

10-03-2010

i haven't had a problem with the fps and my gameplay has been fin once i get. my fps has been around 80 or 90 but the loading is still slower than most people. either way once i get into the actuall game everything is fine and since i don't know how to change settings i've been playing on pretty hi graphics and what not. if the loading can be improved that's awesome if not, just means we all have to wait a little bit longer for the game to start