I've been extremely lucky in ranked so far

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Heavy Machinery

10-15-2012

Since I hit level 30 this season, I decided I really wanted to jump right into ranked. I was pretty apprehensive, expecting to do horribly, plummet elo and get raged at by solo queue demons all the way down.

Well, my expectations were way off because since game 1 I have played with and against nothing but polite, friendly, helpful, cooperative people who genuinely wanted to win and were willing to work together to achieve victory.

So far, I have completed 8 of my 10 placement matches and have managed to rise to 1430 Elo, with a record of 7-1. I know it isn't much but it's more progress than I thought I would make. And it's thanks to the awesome teammates I got matched up with, who brought a competitive, yet cooperative and inclusive attitude to the match.

The point of this thread is to give a shout out, if I ever played with you in ranked, thanks for making my games and experience awesome.

And if anyone is thinking of starting ranked, I'd highly recommend going into it with an optimistic attitude and willingness to cooperate with your teammates even if they are less skilled than you. Even if you don't win every single one, it should make your experience much better

miranda please

10-15-2012

people do the same thing as you, and come out with the opposite effect, every day. the honor system has been helping things slightly, though.

Xoripan

10-15-2012

you sir are indeed lucky

303Devilfish

10-15-2012

i was like that too. 6/1, if i recall.

give it time, though. all it takes is one AFK'er to start you down the road to low elo.

currently at about 34/37.....

Zyrelia

10-15-2012

i was 9/1 during my first 10 ranked games. Started at around 1470 elo I think. Then I lost 3 games in a row and struggled to 1500 since. Finally made it to 1514 recently and am now at 1483. I'm at 32 and 21 right now for solo queue

Heavy Machinery

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by miranda please View Post
people do the same thing as you, and come out with the opposite effect, every day. the honor system has been helping things slightly, though.

I've heard. I always see the threads about "idiots who think they can jump into ranked as soon as they hit 30, they ruin it for the rest of us" (paraphrasing), or even some suggestions about imposing a normal win requirement.

I don't think it's always these people to blame though, because all 7 of my wins have been strictly solo Q where I get matched only with other placement people. The attitude there is awesome, and people seem to display an effective skill level.

But my one loss was when I duo queue'd with a friend who had played many ranked games. So I got matched with others who played many ranked games. The attitude was bad and three of them literally ragequit because our ADC was behind at 20 mins.

TheOrdinaryGuy

10-15-2012

yay

Niqhtmare x

10-15-2012

many people have similar experiences as you, they just never openly state them
i think its a good thing that you remind others that ranked experience doesnt have to be bad, and that it starts with YOU having an optimal outlook first

in fact, i think a lot of the people complaining about bad experiences, actually cause the bad experience for themselves
they do things like whine, if someone first picks fiora top, or something irrelevant like that, and with their attitude and big mouth, they snowball the team chat into a rage fest

oGsCantResist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2012

Sorry to let you down but everyone starts out like that, it will go to your true ranking as you play more, have fun

Yamanga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2012

7-1 is much
and congratz... hope u will keep having good games :P