Which champion should I buy?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ra1nbowS0up

10-14-2012

Hello everyone. I am currently at about 2.5k ip and I was wondering which 6300 ip champ I should buy. I own kat, and I am thinking of refunding her to get a new champ. I have 2 refund credits left, so I can always refund the 6300 and get a new one. I do not really have a favorite role I like to play, I enjoy mid as well as support, ad carry, and top. The only position I really wouldn't like would be jungler. I am currently thinking of buying:
Jayce
Ezreal
Lee Sin
I have heard that ezreal is difficult to play, and I am willing to take the time to learn him. I am also open to other champion ideas as well. The thing I am looking for in a champion are:
-Has a presence in teamfights
-Can do considerable amount of damage with basic attacks and abilities.
-Has good poke/harass in the early laning phase
-Someone unique (I know that there are many ezreals and jayces it's still ok)
-Someone good for mainly tt but also sr (I like to q with my brother on tt)
I am level 8 by the way so if that influences any suggestions let me know! Thanks everyone

sloppypickles

10-14-2012

Honestly I'd say save most if not all of your IP til level 20 and buy a rune page. In terms of who to buy at this level I highly recommend Ryze. He's only 450 IP I think and he does extremely well without runes. Most of his damage comes from mana and he has natural CDR on his Q. He can turn the tides of a game fairly quickly. Good luck!

CowMeat

10-14-2012

Ezreal, Lee Sin, and Jayce are all very competitive champions right now. However, I feel that Ezreal and Jayce will likely be nerfed in one of the next two patches. Ezreal is one of the best and easiest to play AD carries in the game right now. Jayce has very high damage output and is a viable top laner. Lee Sin is a very solid Jungler and valid top laner, but I think he is one of the hardest champions to play in LOL.

pigdogx

10-15-2012

buy swain as a mid champ, hes op atm

SchierkeWiking

10-15-2012

Katarina.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ra1nbowS0up View Post
-Has a presence in teamfights
She's pentakill material, but it takes more skill than let's say Karthus.

Quote:
-Can do considerable amount of damage with basic attacks and abilities.
Kat rarely autoattacks during a teamfight, but she has a very high damage pontential.

Quote:
-Has good poke/harass in the early laning phase
She has a somewhat weak laning phase, but if you're smart you can always find ways to peal and harass with your combo.

Quote:
-Someone unique (I know that there are many ezreals and jayces it's still ok)
She's a squishy AP mid melee with short range abilities and no CC whatsoever. Pretty unique I say.

Quote:
-Someone good for mainly tt but also sr (I like to q with my brother on tt)
I don't play TT but this list puts her on tier 1:

http://www.reignofgaming.net/tier-li...-3v3-tier-list

Also, SHE'S INSANELY FUN TO PLAY, once you master her play style. But you'll need to be patient because while learning her you're gonna get your butt kicked a lot.

Daeion

10-15-2012

honestly I would say save your IP and just play the weekly free champs until you find one that you enjoy. I could tell you to buy Kayle because I enjoy her and she meets most of your criteria, but that doesn't mean you will. You only have a limited number of refunds so it's better to save them then use them early on.

Skarenox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-15-2012

As Daeion says first find your champion and then buy it, I currently have 58 champion but I'd say I'm know well like 40 of those 58, I'm good at 20, and I'm really good and 10, I'm good at those ten just because I enjoy them and they are really fun to me, I can make you a list:

Jayce, as Top is really good and in teamfights can make a difference, he has very unique play style.

Ezreal, he's a very recomended AD carry with high mobility and has presence on teamfight but needs some skill.

Caitlyn, is another good Ad carry I enjoy, with well placed Traps you can be always safe or take down you opponents with ease, she has the longest range early game (the other 2 ad carries the with longes range are Twitch's Ultimate, and Tristana with her passive)

Blitzcrank, as a Tank/Support bottom lane, is one of the most banned Tanks in Ranked, he has that annoying Rocket Grab, High mobility with his W, a spammeable Power Fist which knock people in the air, and his Ultimate is an active AoE Silence, almost forgot that his passive is really annoying which uses (but not consumes) 50% of his current mana and transforms it into a shield that in most cases is like 1000 to 1500 points.

Pantheon, Top lane or jungler if you want, has stun, high mobility with his Ultimate, sustain, damage, blah blah blah, etc.

Olaf, Top lane or jungler, really good sustain, his ultimate makes him some times impossible to chase.

Katarina, for mid lane, you already own her so you know her basics, I wouldn't recomend you to refund her, never refund champions ;D

Oriana, is my lastest champion, she fits as a bot support or a mid lane ap carry and has good presence on teamfights as any of those roles, has high damage, good sustain, shield, and good CC.

Vladimir, he's very frequent solo top but you can play him in Mid lane too, he has good sustain, massive AoE damage, and some of his abilities have Spell Vamp (to put it in some way). Also he's very competitive.

Now some of the ones I don't own, but I've played them enough. These are my future picks ;D

Diana, she can be played as Top, Mid or Jungler, she has sustain and very high damage.

Graves, another good AD carry, AoE ultimate like Ezreal's (just not global), and his smoke grenade can control enemies visibility.

Malzahar, mid lane, has silence in his Q, supress with his Ulti, AoE damage, etc. Very good pick.

Wukong, Top lane, amazing damage, sustain, his Ult is AoE knock up, and he can deceive enyone with his Decoy.

Jarvan, Top lane or can work as a support tank bot lane, his better played as a tanky dps, but be careful with his Ultimate you can kill your own teammates.

Fizz, most frequent at mid lane but can be top lane as well, he is quite slippery if you try to chase it, his Ult can literally eat squishy champions.

Galio, really strong mid lane or bot/support, very tanky mage his Ultimate is similar to Amumu's.

Lulu, very aggresive support,she has the only poly-morph in the game, her ultimate is cool .

I would recomend you Morgana or Shen but they are banned for sure in Ranked.

Some good and cheap options are Ashe, Annie, Ryze, Garen.

My advise, first explore the shop and find what are the champions you might like, or watch their spotlights here http://competitive.na.leagueoflegend...pion-spotlight, or go to youtube and find some player videos about those champions, I personally watched all the Riot spotlights and tried them all in the Public Beta or in the Live server.

PsychoBum97

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowMeat View Post
Ezreal, Lee Sin, and Jayce are all very competitive champions right now. However, I feel that Ezreal and Jayce will likely be nerfed in one of the next two patches. Ezreal is one of the best and easiest to play AD carries in the game right now. Jayce has very high damage output and is a viable top laner. Lee Sin is a very solid Jungler and valid top laner, but I think he is one of the hardest champions to play in LOL.
Ezreal got nerfed already o.o and i dont get why people say Lee Sin is hardest jungler lol he is my first jungler :P maybe it just depends on people

Magus Crow

10-16-2012

I'd suggest looking at Kennen while he's on free week.

HIs ultimate as well as stun potential is much like Morganna in a teamfight. People will either focus you instantly (get a Zhonya's Hourglass) or run away from you in a teamfight.

Kennen has a pretty high base attack as well as a good attack speed rate to begin with and he can be build AD if you really want to (not really recommended but...). Kennen's harass mainly comes from his aas (particularly his passive w procs) and his q. Should you land them both you can activate your w for a free stun and pile on the hurt.

I cant say as I see too many Kennen's running around after his nerf so that may be a plus for you and I cant say as I've seen him get banned out in draft or ranked in quite awhile now. As for Kennen's viability I dont really know how well he does in TT but he is a viable top lane in SR with some ability to go mid (dependant on match up) and I've had some decent sucess with him in Dominion as well.