Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

LF a teacher for Dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chezbayou

10-14-2012

I'm looking for some one that can help me learn the intricacies that take place in dominion, in practice rather then from a guide, If anyone is willing please reply.

Veni13

10-14-2012

I'd advise you to check out the DominateDominion tournament matches if you're actually interested in putting in the time to learn the map's intricacies. Videos can be found on youtube, uploaded by either FourCourtJester or DominateDominion. All high-elo, of course. It is a bit too complex for anyone to teach you in a couple games. I've tried to do so before, and the experience reinforced the belief that what it takes is practice.

The DominionateDominion chatroom is another good resource you can utilize.

Good luck.

Xortberg

10-14-2012

If you want to add me in game, I'll duo queue with you sometime, and I might even be able to wrangle a few friends together for a full 5. Once you've got the hang of it, I think the best way to get better is just to solo queue and try to carry, as well as participating in the DD tourneys Veni13 mentioned. In the brief time I played in them, our team went to never winning a single match to being able to take down a competent team and move to the second round before getting wrecked by a far superior team.

And that's the best way to learn, really. Getting wrecked by a superior team teaches you so much. Each week we lost a little less badly till we reached the next bracket, then it reset back to getting stomped. If we'd stuck with it, we might have managed to keep getting better.

AndersMMO

10-15-2012

I agree with what's been said with a little bit more to add.

First and foremost, play. Play like you've never palyed before. I made a switch over from SR with my team less than 2 months ago. 2 days after we switched over, my team entered a DD, drew BpB our first round and were smashed so relentlessly we were shell-shocked.

I still consider that the most eye-opening match I've ever watched or been a part of in my entire LoL career. Never before had I been so completely blind-sided by the superiority of one team over another. The coordination, the finesse, and a knowledge of the gametype's intricacies that I didn't even think existed.

I play over 100 matches a week duoing, trioing, etc with my team. And I still have miles to go.

We've been in 7 DDs since, and took our first round win this last Saturday. Play in them whenever you can, expect to be destroyed, but take it in stride. One thing I find remarkable about the Dominion community is how humble everyone is, don't just be downtrodden and leave after the match, ask for pointers, every time you'll get some. This Saturday, we beat a new team in round 1 and told them outright why they lost when they asked, they took it in stride and said they'd be back stronger next week. The next round we were vs. Sauron's team, we were destroyed 400-0. We asked after the match for tips and pointers and became aware of a MAJOR flaw in our picks and bans given our preferred play style... a mistake we will never make again.

My pointer to you is just play your heart out. If you're on, spam que, if you can scrounge up a group of 5 from DD chat, hop in a DD and take every ounce of theory you can from it. If you can get a solid group of 5 friends who are all big on Dom, stick with them. And have fun with it.

Good luck, and see on you the scar,
CnD Ânders

Chezbayou

10-16-2012

Thanks i'll look in to those.

Tempestphile

10-16-2012

You are free to spam questions on the forum here, people do enjoy answering.

As long as you are polite, people are also very polite here