New map for season 3 please!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bakabridget

10-14-2012

Would be cool to have some more maps to play on. Maybe that magma map? Even if you don't make a queue for it, it would be still cool to have for custom matches. Seems a shame to scrap the map entirely.

Nam Shub of Enki

10-14-2012

I'd rather they just revamp twisted treeline. Make a solo ranked for it or... something. It hardly gets any love... Maybe make new items for that map only?

Sangcreux

10-14-2012

Magma Chamber was announced so long ago, I can't believed they scrapped it. They also announced League 2.0, with all new HD graphics. I can see them implementing that slowly.

But basically, they're putting most of their resources to new skins/champions/balance. Which is a good thing, but it also means there's little room for maps and such. I'm not saying I know what kind of resources Riot has, but I would think that they're going to be putting them into profit.

Basically, making a new map, would not make them any money. Which doesn't make them greedy, but since this isn't a P2P game, then it's not like people are subscribing to play the new map. It's just something free for the community.

I myself would pay $10 to unlock a new map, which I think would also be fair for the company. But in retrospect, it would cause a lot of anger from fans.

tl;dr - It's probably not gonna happen.

LawlerBrawler

10-14-2012

I just want this: http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...legends075.jpg

Wish they hadn't scrapped it for dominion :'(

LawlerBrawler

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangcreux View Post
Magma Chamber was announced so long ago, I can't believed they scrapped it. They also announced League 2.0, with all new HD graphics. I can see them implementing that slowly.

But basically, they're putting most of their resources to new skins/champions/balance. Which is a good thing, but it also means there's little room for maps and such. I'm not saying I know what kind of resources Riot has, but I would think that they're going to be putting them into profit.

Basically, making a new map, would not make them any money. Which doesn't make them greedy, but since this isn't a P2P game, then it's not like people are subscribing to play the new map. It's just something free for the community.

I myself would pay $10 to unlock a new map, which I think would also be fair for the company. But in retrospect, it would cause a lot of anger from fans.

tl;dr - It's probably not gonna happen.
You're kinda right, but a new map has the potential to both bring in new customers and also to bring back old players who have quit. Both could potentially spend money on the game.

Bakabridget

10-14-2012

Well they already put work into magma chamber, it shouldn't be too much work to finish it up and release it.

LawlerBrawler

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakabridget View Post
Well they already put work into magma chamber, it shouldn't be too much work to finish it up and release it.
The only evidence I've ever seen that Magma Chamber even exists has been concept art. I've not seen evidence to suggest they've done any modeling, balance work, QA testing, etc.

It could actually still be a lot of work left. Most of the work could be unfinished for all we know.

SocialGlitch

10-16-2012

Magma chamber looks cool...but in my opinion we don't need any more maps :/

Sangcreux

10-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakabridget View Post
It was transformed into Dominion.

iRinnegan

11-19-2012

was about to say, magma chamber looks pretty much like dominion map.

bump.