Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

ADC Ezreal Guide: Trinity or Infinity Edge? : Answered

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AP Student

10-15-2012

no, because Q applies onhit effects, including the sheen and phage procs

they're both useful for different situations, I usually get IE when I'm behind and need to be a threat, and get TF when I'm ahead and want the utility for locking down kills and kiting in fights

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheOneMillion

10-15-2012

Quote:
Himner:
TF does not provide a better poke.. at all, read the stats I wrote up. damage=better poke. In order to use the sheen proc you have to get in auto-attacking range and with the proc on average you'll deal +11 more damage with TF with the two hit poke, which isn't enough to trade away the awesome damage of IE. There is no tankiness, there's a minute amount of HP. The slow utility has a low chance of procing, better to get the red buff or a frozen mallet. The attack speed bonus is low too. The crit chance added is low.
True you have some chase power, some attack speed bonus and a slow, but there are better items for all of these utilities that scale better with an infinity edge and allow an adc to do their job: dish out damage.
TF is a all around item that does everything, but only averagely and is based around a added 150 damage proc that can only occur once every 2 seconds, when you have a cool down available, when you have mana to cast it. If you want utility get the IE, then get a phantom dancer and a phage to build to a mallet after you get a BT.
That's how you build an ADC, to do damage, to win games. If you get some utility get the best, and get the one that will scale to do the best damage. not TF.

Read again. Your Q applies and CONSUMES the sheen proc. you do NOT need to auto attack afterwards.

If you are going to do an analysis, at least know the champ.