Struggling in Top Lane alot need some advice.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VRL Hookz

10-14-2012

Hey forums, so I generally can play any lane and jungle just fine, I have no problem going any roles except for top lane. I feel that I really struggle top. Whenever I try to trade with somebody I generally will get out damaged and eventually die in my lane. I don't really know how to trade or harrass in top lane because whenever I try to they just end up winning the trade. What would I be doing wrong, and how could I improve?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zombiemaster

10-14-2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezkU...ure=plpp_video

Here is a video for the basics of trading. Basically, in order to trade well, you need to know how much damage your champion can deal and how much damage your opponent's champion can deal. This requires basic knowledge of every top lane champion. You need to know how much damage they can deal and how much sustain they have. A good tip is to try and get them to trade near your minions so they take a lot of minion damage. Likewise, try not to trade near their minions (if they have a lot) as you'll take a lot of minion damage.

Don't fret if you can't get a hang of it quickly, because you'll get better with more experience, pretty much like almost everything in this game.