Revive is worse on Dom than it is on SR

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

General Quackers

10-14-2012

You're taking a spell with a 10min CD to a match that will last ~20mins.
You're taking a spell that revives your champ on a map with severely reduced respawn timers.

Revive isn't good on Dom. Revive certainly isn't superior to Garrison as a bot lane Summoner Spell. You will save or contest points far more effectively with Garrison than you will with Revive.

Go ahead and keep locking in Revive, it's one less Exhaust/Ignite/Ghost/Flash that I have to deal with.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2012

implying ghost and flash are useful ._______.

Chezbayou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original Duck View Post
You're taking a spell with a 10min CD to a match that will last ~20mins.
You're taking a spell that revives your champ on a map with severely reduced respawn timers.

Revive isn't good on Dom. Revive certainly isn't superior to Garrison as a bot lane Summoner Spell. You will save or contest points far more effectively with Garrison than you will with Revive.

Go ahead and keep locking in Revive, it's one less Exhaust/Ignite/Ghost/Flash that I have to deal with.
I go Revive Garrison no one is taking my point.

General Quackers

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infirc View Post
implying ghost and flash are useful ._______.
If you think they're not, then you're bad at Dom.

A Slime Appears

10-14-2012

Yeah, why would I want a massive speed and HP boost. That's never helpful.

General Quackers

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Slime Appears View Post
Yeah, why would I want a massive speed and HP boost. That's never helpful.
Because you're using a Summoner Spell that you'll only activate twice, if that, during the whole match; and you'll just die again soon after reviving unless you have a dedicated tank build, in which case you'll use Revive maybe once.

Nekrogen

10-14-2012

no.

1) Revive does have a long CD, but this game mode has many objectives that can be contested just by being alive.
2) On SR you can have the mentality that you aren't going to die. This is not the case on Dominion; expect to die a lot and for reasonable causes like defending a point vs 2-3 opponents and wasting their time, getting ganked bottom, dying in a teamfight, etc.
3) The health buff will allow for the 1v1 advantages earlier on, especially if you build some damage.
4) The team with more revives usually wins top first due to superior numbers.
5) Revive bottom is paramount since, if you die, you can rev and save the point before they even get a neutralize off.

All the top teams run revive for a reason. You don't run revive in SR because if you die, you give the enemy a huge gold advantage (i.e. you die, revive and possibly die again in SR means some1 is hardcore fed). You may want to open your mind to more than just the CD limitation.

FeanorAlmighty

10-14-2012

I searched your name and you are level 5...

Revive is just the best pick for bottom, to stalemate it. The only real other possibilities are Garrison and Exhaust, the rest of the spells are very niche and clearly inferior to Revive/Garrison/Exhaust.

Go a head, don't pick Revive, it's one more match in my advantage.

Catnium

10-14-2012

Op needs to get rolled by revive team..aka op needs to get out of child elo

ShawNuff

10-14-2012

If taking revive puts you behind, prove it, by getting free wins in "10 revive" elo by not taking it.