Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Changes to Season 3

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DD Tanner

10-14-2012

Now that Season 2 is done and over with, we are all looking forward to Season 3. Here are some of the changes that's probably coming for Season 3.

Mastery Trees
-Changes to all 3 trees. Necessarily buffs, nerfs, and/or an entire change for certain spots.

Bans increased to 4 per team
-With 105+ champions at the end of Season 3 and likely 50+ more added throughout Season 3, more banning options would probably be needed.

Level Cap increased to 40 or 50
-More skill points, more rune slots, and/or possibly another mastery tree = More options for gameplay.

More IP/RP Reductions of Champions
-With 105 champions and the majority of them being 4800/6300 IP, it may be time for a reduction as more champions will be coming in.

More Supports
-There are only about 3 or so commonly used champions as Supports.

The Meta
-With the Chinese joining with their unique meta, it's possible it might collide with NA and Europe changing into an entire new meta.

Less Trolling = More Rewards
-The Honor System sets the beginning of many future rewards to come.

Any more, feel free to post and I'll add them to the list.

Karn Bishop

10-14-2012

Quote:
DD Tanner:
Now that Season 2 is done and over with, we are all looking forward to Season 3. Here are some of the changes we all would like to see that's likely to come for Season 3.

Mastery Trees
-Changes to all 3 trees. Necessarily buffs, nerfs, and/or an entire change for certain spots.

-With 105+ champions at the end of Season 3 and likely 50+ more added throughout Season 3, more banning options would probably be needed.

-More skill points, more rune slots, and/or possibly another mastery tree = More options for gameplay.

-With 105 champions and the majority of them being 4800/6300 IP, it may be time for a reduction as more champions will be coming in.

Changing the idea of Support
-Supports aren't all about heals, you know?

They tried the last one, then nerfed her into the ground and she was only seen when losing in tournaments.

xIElianIx

10-14-2012

Now supports can deny ally creeps and a masterie that gives u 3 gold per denied creep... not bad isnt?

Leib Olmai

10-14-2012

I disagree with all your points.

Don't talk for anyone else except you.
Your idea are pretty bad.

Vanblod

10-14-2012

The support change has been implemented since forever ago...

DD Tanner

10-14-2012

Quote:
Leib Olmai:
I disagree with all your points.

Don't talk for anyone else except you.
Your idea are pretty bad.

Learn to disagree without being disagreeable.

Tell me what's bad about it exactly, instead of slamming it down with no counterpoints.

That way, we all learn as a community.

Omakahn

10-14-2012

Quote:
DD Tanner:
Learn to disagree without being disagreeable.

Tell me what's bad about it exactly, instead of slamming it down with no counterpoints.

That way, we all learn as a community.

Dude has a point though. Please don't attempt to speak for what you assume everyone wants. You have no idea what changes 'everyone' would like to see

DD Tanner

10-14-2012

Quote:
Omakahn:
Dude has a point though. Please don't attempt to speak for what you assume everyone wants. You have no idea what changes 'everyone' would like to see

I meant in general. That part isn't even the main idea of this thread.

ploki122

10-14-2012

Quote:
DD Tanner:
Now that Season 2 is done and over with, we are all looking forward to Season 3. Here are some of the changes we all would like to see that's likely to come for Season 3.

I don't know about other's opinion, and thus will only speak in my name, but I honestly think this list isn't really good...
Quote:
Mastery Trees

There will obviously be some (and I think it's already been mentioned). Basically, they want all masteries to be used (yes, I'm looking at you Havoc)
Quote:

I love 3 bans... 4 bans would only enhance bandwagoning imo.
Quote:

No... please no... this would 1) make it longer before one reaches Ranked and 2) would only fake having more possibilities... We currently have about 40-50 different masteries and at least 9-10 possible "paths" to capstones masteries per tree... still we only see ~6 recurring trees with some minor tweaks and up to about 10 including the weird one specific to a champion. Basically, more option doesn't mean more good options...
Quote:

This has been said to be coming... And before S3 actually
Quote:

Changing the idea of Support
-Supports aren't all about heals, you know?

Yeah, tell that to Lulu, Janna, Lux, Morg, Zyra, Zilean, Leona, Blitzcrank, they kinda reckon
Quote:

The Meta
-With the Chinese joining with their unique meta, it's possible it might collide with NA and Europe changing into an entire new meta.

What does this have to do with S3 anyway? also, their meta wasn't really different... it's more their gameplay that was different (although the playstyle is technically included in the term meta, but most doesn't include it, so I thought pointing out the difference was necessary). Basically, we were playing at "Get wealthier than the enemy" and they are playing at "make the enemy poorer than me"
Quote:

Less Trolling = More Rewards
-The Honor System sets the beginning of many future rewards to come.

Again, I don't want to be rewarded only because I am not being a dick... it's a s simple as you shouldn't be a dick and if you are, then you won't be able to play...
Quote:

What has been confirmed to be coming to S3 :
- Payed teams that will have to stream and play against each other periodically
- Price reductions since Hippalus has been hired
- Major item re-haul (more itemization paths instead of IE+PD always being the best for an adc,, my guess is that you will be able to itemize sustain, damage, attack speed, crit, procs, etc. but 3-5 combinations will be seen much less)
- A small jungle re-haul
- A huge surprise for TT (probably map re-haul that will allow better balancing of the game)
- More champs, more items, new masteries, new runes (at least holiday ones), maybe more maps depending on what happens next year but most probably not (they want to make TT/SR a success first, and thus SR/TT tweaks are coming)
- More events, better matchmaking, Replays (they said it would probably be out before the end of S3 somewhere once, although this ISN'T an official release date), and a lot of other surprises that nobody (even riot) expects right now.

EDIT : wanted more details/specifics, there you go...

whatataco

10-14-2012

Quote:
xIElianIx:
Now supports can deny ally creeps and a masterie that gives u 3 gold per denied creep... not bad isnt?

not sure why u got a thumbs down. i think a good support idea would be to not only support your team but hurt theirs. denying the adc a creep or two every minute can go a long way.

im imagining a new support summoner spell that has a couple uses.
when not targeting anything, it is used as clarivoyance, and will have the standard cooldown.
when targeting an ally minion, it kills it and has a 20 second cooldown. this can hurt you as well as the adc, so try and use it at right times.
when you target an ally champion, (cannot target yourself), they get some health and mana back, )like a heal and clari mixed together), and the spell goes on a very long cooldown.

the spell would be called "help" i think.
BUT WAIT
i know your all thinking "wow thats so op ur an idiot"
soooo this is why i think that this spell, unlike all other summoner spells, should have a cost.
whether it be mana or hp, it should cost something. maybe like 50 mana for cv, 20% or current mana for the minion (as to be able to deny creeps at all times), and 200 mana for the champ support.

thats my idea.