Why wasn't it a HARD elo reset?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zenode

11-15-2012

Im genuinely curious as to why it wasn't a hard reset I understand that there is a possibly of say an 800 elo player getting there ass wiped by a 2300 elo player in the placement matches, but that would just be super unlucky. and like everyone says "You'll get to your elo after enough matches".

So why wasn't it a hard reset? Every other sport does a hard reset of the ladder each season, why not LoL?

IS16ac70fce0d8ebbea8e0b

11-15-2012

Because Reginald would have to ask Riot for another reset to get out of elo hell, as in season 2.

Narvuntien

11-15-2012

Because it results in inexperienced players playing against pro's and being thrashed for the first few weeks.

IS16ac70fce0d8ebbea8e0b

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narvuntien View Post
Because it results in inexperienced players playing against pro's and being thrashed for the first few weeks.
Regi got trashed cause he didn't duo queue like other pros. Thus Riot had to reset his elo cause he couldn't carry himself.

herpderppwn

11-15-2012

Because Riot doesn't have an confidence in their rating system, but won't change it.

Zenode

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieMasta View Post
Regi got trashed cause he didn't duo queue like other pros. Thus Riot had to reset his elo cause he couldn't carry himself.
If Pros like Regi are unable to carry themselves to plat/gold etc without duo queueing, what does that really say about this whole ELO system?

TheMitchell

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenode View Post
If Pros like Regi are unable to carry themselves to plat/gold etc without duo queueing, what does that really say about this whole ELO system?
It says that the exception does not constitute the rule.

Waschbar

11-15-2012

Because then everyone would be in the same big cesspool and unlucky 1700 players would be in thrown down into the 900s because of continual losses against 2400+ players climbing themselves up the ladder.

Tylerpmo

11-15-2012

Dem unlucky 1700 players >.>

krypTaLiciouS

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMitchell View Post
It says that the exception does not constitute the rule.

well, you can add me to that list too. I am by no means a total newb. I've played dota for ages and hon. Ive been playing LoL for a while now and I'm in elo hell since season 1. My highest ranking ever was 1515 and as soon as I dropped into the 1300 - 1400 it turned into ****. I've been in this elo for i don't know...6 months?

It's really annoying when you go from win streaks to loss streak back to back... extremely infuriating. As soon as I barely reach higher 1400's, the troll games start coming around.