Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Should I play Dota 2?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HDGGJTown

10-14-2012

inb4 crying about bloodseeker ult

12fingerJIM

10-14-2012

I got my key, only played one match, it's definitely fun, don't let the various trolls who go hurr durr dota sux tell you otherwise

Trolosaurus

10-14-2012

Quote:
ZohMaiGawd:
inb4 crying about bloodseeker ult

Already did my research
Already know that all it takes is one item to counter Bloodseeker

GaafGrohiik

10-14-2012

you need to send an application in for the beta. you can download the spectator client for free though.

just a tip - say you have very little to no experience when you do the application. apparently you get in faster if you're new to it. I played dota relentlessly when it first came out, and it took 2 months for me to get an invite. my friends who said they never played it got it after a week.

I used to love the original dota, easly played 5000 games of it - but I really wasn't impressed with Dota 2. really convoluted set-up and I didn't really see any champions that were particularly interesting.

after playing dota for years, and coming to league this past year, I consider LoL the true dota successor.

GaafGrohiik

10-14-2012

Quote:
12fingerJIM:
I got my key, only played one match, it's definitely fun, don't let the various trolls who go hurr durr dota sux tell you otherwise

it's okay at best, man. Like 6/10.....

GaafGrohiik

10-14-2012

Quote:
Trolosaurus:
Hmmm.
Then should I wait for it to come out of the beta?

if you want to pay for it. apply for the beta and play for free. read my first reply.

Ayyy

10-14-2012

Quote:
Trolosaurus:
Hmmm.
Then should I wait for it to come out of the beta?

Just do the survey, I got my key in less than a week. How long it takes to get one ranges, I did the survey when they were handing out a ton though.

It takes like 5 minutes to do the survey. It talks about past experiences with dota. I never played it before, so my answers were like "What level do you usually end on in a game of dota? 1" things like that. You can make some things up if you really have no idea what to put, but the game is definitely worth a 5 minute survey

Egotistica

10-14-2012

Quote:
Trolosaurus:
Wait, so I have a beta key?
Because it says "You already own Dota 2" and there's this other button that says "play now"

Depends, do you see it in your list of games in the home page?

If so I think you have a key, since I used to only have Portal and Half-life there, and now it says I can install Dota 2.

Brb reliving childhood after 4 gigs of downloads.

Wasabi Kitty

10-14-2012

I tried it out. It was pretty fun but there was a few issues I had with it. I think they'll be fixed or at least made into not such significant issues by the time they go into full release.

So yea try it if you want, though I'd probably wait for full release.

Egotistica

10-14-2012

Quote:
trolosaurus:
already did my research
already know that all it takes is one item to counter bloodseeker

TELEPORT SCROLL YEAAAAAAa