What should happen to the Scaling System?

Give the team of 4 a Passive Gold Boost 20 32.79%
Give the team of 4 an Exp Boost 5 8.20%
Give both an added Exp Boost and Passive Gold Boost 12 19.67%
The Scaling System is a Bad Idea. 24 39.34%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Hate it when a person leaves? 4v5 Scaling System @Riot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xFERGO

10-14-2012

After playing numerous games across 4 accounts with varying Elo's, I've seen quite a few leavers in my time. Surely it happens but why isn't there some sort of SMALL system in place in order to give the team of 4 just a subtle chance of winning.

It doesn't need to be a massive advantage or something overpowered. Just a little push in order to keep chances active.

I've just finished a ranked game in which lee sin left at 1:45 just as his jungle was about to start. This game which we went on to lose ticked me off more then it normally would.

Early Game: We lead overall in farm and a few kills ahead
Mid Game: Neck and Neck gameplay from both sides
Late Game: Passive play from both teams to farm up then constant team fights ended up with being overpowered 4v5 and then the eventual loss of the game. Which cost players Elo.

Concept Ideas:
Once Player X leaves the team after a 3 - 5 minute period that he hasn't returned to the team (as to not give the players the bonus straight away) the players on the team will receive bonus passive gold or bonus passive experience in order to aid the loss of their team mate.

There's no wrong in added exp, since everyone cap's out at 18. Just means that the team of 4 would cap out quicker.

This isn't a massive ask nor something that is going to cause a definite win to the team of 4. It's just SOMETHING useful that gives you the slightess of chances.

Up-Vote and refer this forum to your friends!

xFERGO

10-14-2012

- Space for another post -

JRiMi

10-14-2012

Its rough BC say that player comes back 10 min later. Then the small passive bonus is huge.

Energetic

10-14-2012

IF he doesnt return at all, it should just be a loss forgiven in my opinion...but I think a better idea is to make him scale with gold and exp if he/she returns. Not be level 7 while everyone is 18.

Best Fizz EU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2012

The problem with this is people would be very vicious to those who are feeding or not doing so well and will try and force them to leave because they will do better without them.

NinetyNineTails

10-14-2012

King Pimkin is 100% right. This is just encouragement for people to bully the person perceived as having the worst game on their team to disconnect. We already have a metagame where we have supports who are supposed to give all their farm to the ADC. Do we really want a meta where strategic disconnecting and reconnecting is considered smart tactics?

hashtagtwiterbrd

12-29-2012

make a pro bot character come in replacement of the leaver

IntangibleOne

01-02-2013

I like danny's concept. Based on a persons elo/hidden elo, a bot of matching skill level could take control of that player's champion.

adc

01-02-2013

No, because that wouldn't work. It's the same problem as in chess. A computer playing at 1500 Elo in chess isn't going to be 1500 Elo because they play like a 1500 player - they're going to be 1500 because they play like a 3k Elo player, and make silly mistakes occasionally.

Similarly, if they made League bots that could compete at 3k Elo, they'd be perfect, get every CS, have perfect map awareness, etc. Scaling them down to 1.5k Elo or whatever would be a matter of making them make stupid mistakes, instead of something else. So you could have a bot that would be playing perfectly, then suddenly shoot Vlad's ult on a turret and miss everyone except the enemy support, which no 1500 player would ever do.

If they could program it properly, sure. But it would be ridiculously hard and they probably won't do it.

Taarki

01-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Pikmin View Post
The problem with this is people would be very vicious to those who are feeding or not doing so well and will try and force them to leave because they will do better without them.
Riot could impliment this without telling us.
Also somone said that if a person leaves then comes back the difference would be huge. i don't think the thread starter ment like 400 gold/minute boost i think he ment like a 2-5 extra gold/10 boost that would help the team with 4 better compeate with the team with 5.