Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Stanley's Nidalee Build...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

whouthink

10-15-2012

Its funny because Im fairly certain if anyone in this thread had seen a Nid building like that before Stanley they'd be crying about it.

ChaosInfernal11

10-15-2012

I had a Nidalee build Chalice against me because of Stanley. I promptly proceeded to kick her in the face and tell her she was wrong. She came back with double cloth armor. I kicked her in the face again and made her go back at 50 hp. She eventually got a Chain Vest. By this point I had Last Whisper and +40 cs and it didn't matter.

I was Lee Sin. Building Chalice wasn't the correct answer. Her 890 gold investment into 0 armor or health cost her the lane because I started the game with 25 armor pen and built very aggressively. The heals weren't enough because I purchased Vamp Scepter to sustain and she built items to do no damage and couldn't sustain through the damage I was outputting.

Stanley played his lane optimally for Yorick and his team's strategy by building Chalice. In short, don't copy pro player builds without understanding when and why they do it. Nidalee is very capable of winning a lot of lane matchups as a champion and building Chalice instead of something like Doran's Blades or components to Phage/Hexdrinker, for example, can be the difference between snowballing your lane or letting your lane opponent come back.

Saintshing

10-15-2012

building chalice+sv on champs with spammable sustain spell(ww, yorick...) against ap is not something new.

Machop

10-15-2012

The Chalice/Visage was a situational build meant for split pushing and countering Yorick's massive healing. Building it every time you play Nidalee isnt going to be the most optimal way to go.

4thEDITION

10-15-2012

We're only around a 1500 team right now but I've been running Nid for our split-team comp and it's amazing. We send vayne-support top and I solo bot against two and rush chalice. The mana makes it so I can outsustain any of the other bot's damage with my heals while having enough mana to throw some spears for cs. This also solves vayne's fairly weak laning phase by making her lane an easy 2v1 lane. Afterwards I just split push the lane that's on the opposite side of dragon/baron so that the other team has to choose to either contest dragon or stop me.

Verarticus

10-15-2012

Quote:
Verxl:
If you need to spam heal, then either you or your ADC is doing it wrong.
If you need to spam shatter, then their ADC or support is doing horribly.
So is it worth sacrificing a philo stone or HoG (or even worse, boots) to spam your stun? The answer is no.

Also, cool anecdotal evidence.

So if I need/would like to heal my adc because they are aggressive/the enemy is aggressive/the enemy has great poke (what top adc doesn't...) It's my fault.

If I can spam shatters and stuns, and basically harass the enemy team, help my adc get fed, and be of more use in team fights that means the enemy is bad?

I have some GP 10 quints for support, I don't have ANY GOLD ISSUES when I've done this unless top and mid end up going 0,4,1 (I remembered this after I had posted the last, I lost like 2 matches with that taric build because of that. Had nothing to do with bot lane, just fed enemy mid and top)

What kind of stupid ridiculous logic are you using? Other then the reason why I stopped playing taric because of people like you.

DonkeyPoop

10-15-2012

Quote:
Silmaril:
It's not really that great. It's something you build when you are highly unlikely to actually win your lane (like Stanley, since he was vsing a Yorick), but against a good chunk of solo tops, all it's going to do is stalemate the lane, when you could be winning the lane instead with a more tanky or offensive build, instead building sustain that you don't actually need (after all, how much harass is a normal melee champ going to put out against ranged escape artist Nidalee?)

It's good, but situational. But that's just my opinion.

Nidalee is supposed to beat Yorick.

Top Lane Only

10-15-2012

double dorans>chalice>phage>visage>trinity>situational

Works every time.