Suggest ideas for fics

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kazmahu

11-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youso1337 View Post
Go right ahead and use them. That's why I posted them up.
Thanks! Just never hurts to make sure!

I was going to comment on Pantheon's absence from the Rakkor side - after all, even if he could care less for the Solari's asylum policies, he'd never miss a good battle even if he had to make do with one on the Fields. Then it occurred to me if the Demacians prepared an occupation force on the border to try and intimidate Leona into handing Lux over, Pantheon would probably defend his homeland the way he knows and loves. That would make the Institute of War force the issue of a formal resolution within the League, but make them ban Pantheon as a personal punishment to him, since allowing the Artisan of War to participate in a battle he caused would be the wrong sore of positive reinforcement and the League knows it.

Youso1337

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazmahu View Post
Thanks! Just never hurts to make sure!

I was going to comment on Pantheon's absence from the Rakkor side - after all, even if he could care less for the Solari's asylum policies, he'd never miss a good battle even if he had to make do with one on the Fields. Then it occurred to me if the Demacians prepared an occupation force on the border to try and intimidate Leona into handing Lux over, Pantheon would probably defend his homeland the way he knows and loves. That would make the Institute of War force the issue of a formal resolution within the League, but make them ban Pantheon as a personal punishment to him, since allowing the Artisan of War to participate in a battle he caused would be the wrong sore of positive reinforcement and the League knows it.
Good idea for Pantheon's role in all this. Make him the one who makes the problem worse, and that legitimizes the League's intervention.

ReisenTheDos

11-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youso1337 View Post
Good idea for Pantheon's role in all this. Make him the one who makes the problem worse, and that legitimizes the League's intervention.
And then those regulations from Pantheon made sense and became cannon....

Nevermind, I just ruin a serious, intesne moment, but this story sounds like it's going to be epic and I should await to read it when the day comes.

Youso1337

11-11-2012

Any plan to start up soon, Kaz?

Kazmahu

11-11-2012

I have a few days off from work after tomorrow so I was going to try and get a first part written up tomorrow evening and post it then or the next day. I'm looking forward to this myself, but like I said earlier circumstances make it hard for me to commit to a schedule.

Youso1337

11-13-2012

More RL stuff, Kaz?

Youso1337

11-15-2012

Got some more stuff that could be added to the Lux/Leona fic, but these are somewhat optional.

- While Lux is in Rakkor, Leona tries to be a good host to the girl, but her lack of experience at such things causes Leona to embarrass both herself and Lux a couple of times. Lux, however, knows that Leona is just trying to make her feel welcome. (No, don't have scenes with Leona being a bad cook; have her do something that would be socially awkward.)

- Lux opens up a lot to Leona while in Rakkor, telling the Solari a lot about her background, including how she was conscripted at the age of 13. Leona takes pity on Lux as she hears her story, realizing just what horrible things Demacia has done to her.

- While Lux wants to fight for her own freedom, she is also torn at the idea of fighting her former comrades, particularly Garen. However, she would not be able to live with herself if she did not fight.

Now for a few combat scene ideas:

- A 1v1 between Lux and Garen. Garen clearly has an advantage.

- Leona versus Diana.

- Lux gets caught by Caitlyn's net, but is rescued by Jayce.

- Orianna fights Leona, proving a powerful threat.

- Riven fighting against Garen or Jarvan, claiming not to be fighting them as a Noxian, but as someone who embraces freedom of choice.

- Graves versus Caitlyn.

Those might be some neat scenes to see in the fic.

Kazmahu

11-15-2012

Technical difficulties, specifically. Without putting too fine a point on it, moving parts in my hard drives are now officially banned.

I welcome the new ideas, and don't worry, I wouldn't go for cheap humor like bad cooking. It doesn't make any sense for a Rakkor like Leona: since they're in perpetual famine, it stands to reason they'd generally be good cooks. They have to make just about anything with nutrient value edible enough to stay down, after all. And being such a brutal warrior culture, even what Leona things are good manners might make a foreigner uncomfortable. (There would be a lot of unwitting intimidation, I'd think. Leona's supposed to be tall, Lux seems a bit shorter, unintentional looming and space invasion?)

Yousonerfed

11-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazmahu View Post
Technical difficulties, specifically. Without putting too fine a point on it, moving parts in my hard drives are now officially banned.

I welcome the new ideas, and don't worry, I wouldn't go for cheap humor like bad cooking. It doesn't make any sense for a Rakkor like Leona: since they're in perpetual famine, it stands to reason they'd generally be good cooks. They have to make just about anything with nutrient value edible enough to stay down, after all. And being such a brutal warrior culture, even what Leona things are good manners might make a foreigner uncomfortable. (There would be a lot of unwitting intimidation, I'd think. Leona's supposed to be tall, Lux seems a bit shorter, unintentional looming and space invasion?)
So does that mean whatever work you had prior is gone or something?

As for your ideas, those work out. Maybe have a scene where Lux is trying to lift a heavy load (which would be easy by Rakkor standards), but almost flattens herself. Could be either funny or serious, depending on your preference.

Oh, and like in my "Dragon of Desolation" fic, maybe include a scene where Lux and Leona sleep in the same be. No, not a lesbian scene, but Leona could be keeping Lux company after, say, Lux has told Leona her history and ended up breaking out in tears over it. I'd portray in a way that puts Leona in a "maternal" position.

Kazmahu

11-16-2012

Pretty much. My old hard drive suffered a head crash, and there's not much you can get back from plowed-up platters. I've spent the last few days setting up an entire rig's worth of software from scratch. I'm back in the game, though and rewriting a first part now, though it might not be done until tomorrow night.