On new players and items.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2010

I made a thread about this a while ago but there is no search so i can't bump it.

I don't understand why people go out of there way to ignore recommended items when they first start playing. Its amazing. I know that sometimes the recommended items for certain heroes arent always the best but they are good enough to get you by. I was playing with some low level players in a practice game with my friends who just started playing (who got recommended items without me even telling them) and the items that people buy just baffle me.

Long Swords on Morgana and Galio
Warmogs/Rylai's on Trynd
This Veigar on my team ended the game with Doran's Blade/BF Sword/Zeal
Fiendish Codex on Master Yi
Innervating Locket on Ashe
Zerker Greaves on Ryze

I don't understand. Its so illogical. Like, what is there reasoning behind it? I can understand having revive/heal when you first start, or having your entire team go mid because they don't know about lanes, or walking into turrets and dying, all that stuff can be learned by just playing. But the items thing is just 0.o You don't even need to know what your abilities scale with half the time, (although you can assume with more than half the cast) but........I'm so confused......I'm so confused I'm gonna buy a Blasting Wand on Warwick

FAMOUSamosFAMOUS

09-28-2010

I bet that veigar was oped

Tryke

09-28-2010

New player garen: "Ok, I have some gold saved up. What should I buy? Needlessly large rod seems like a big expensive item, it must be good. It gives me 80 ability power. Nice, that'll give my abilities more power!"

-_-

Sacklunch

09-28-2010

I introduced my Dad to LoL. He's 63 and doesn't pick up on stuff as fast as us young whippersnappers. For the longest time he had no idea that those items were "recommended" for his character and he had no idea that he could buy parts of the recipe as he went.

A more in depth tutorial is really what this game needs.

FAMOUSamosFAMOUS

09-28-2010

+1 for the above post lmao

Orou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by zSaturn View Post
I bet that veigar was oped
This veigar refused to leave mid when I asked him nicely since I already claimed it. He also called me a noob since he died to 5 people as I riftwalked away. He did help me take mid tower though with that Doran's Blade lol.

Yes this game needs like a REAL tutorial not a "Volley 4 minions and win" Tutorial.

RHINO Mk II

09-28-2010

I only lose 2 games our of 3 with my 4-philostone ashe build. Just remember to use frost arrows on those minions so you can kill them before they reach your towers.

FAMOUSamosFAMOUS

09-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhino mk ii View Post
i only lose 2 games our of 3 with my 4-philostone ashe build. Just remember to use frost arrows on those minions so you can kill them before they reach your towers.
lol wtf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orou View Post
This veigar refused to leave mid when I asked him nicely since I already claimed it. He also called me a noob since he died to 5 people as I riftwalked away. He did help me take mid tower though with that Doran's Blade lol.

Yes this game needs like a REAL tutorial not a "Volley 4 minions and win" Tutorial.
hmmmm tower killer veigar eh? *scratches chin*