Next Tournament: Bonus for summoner icon of winning team

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Codarra

10-13-2012

If you've ever been to a sports bar where they have those interactive trivia games, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about... They flash a multiple-choice question up on the screen, and each player tries to find the right answer as quickly as possible. The points start ticking down, and the faster you lock-in your answer, the more points you get. There are often hints that eliminate the wrong answers, and each player has the option to lock-in a different answer if they see that their answer is the wrong one.

That is my idea for the next tournament. You put a bunch of summoner icons out there for each team. Players can pick the icon for the team they think will win. An RP or IP bonus starts counting down from the time the first game of the tournament officially starts, and you track the date/time each player selects a summoner icon. If a team gets eliminated, the players with that icon can select a new icon for the team they think most likely to win, but they'll only be eligible for the points on the countdown timer at that point in time.

This would not only be a VERY fun thing to do, but it would encourage people to follow the tournament to see if their team is still a contestant for the championship. I am a data architect/analyst, and I'm sure there are a lot of interesting trends you could uncover with the data on the back-end.

Please let me know if you like this idea. =)

Thanks!
-Josh (aka Codarra)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beaumains

10-16-2012

Sounds like a fun idea, and would really get people more interested in the pro-scene. As long as it was an independent system (i.e. you don't have to replace your summoner icon or something), it could be brilliant.