Riot should so kindly listen...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BrambleBlast

09-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizamimi View Post
1200 is not average. 1400-1600 is average.
lolol

2Sense

09-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeskilit View Post
thats why you duo que with someone, one tanks other play carry and you pretty much win

all my friends quit playin lol cause mm sucks. including players that were well known to play in top 100.

if you succeed in ranked, your lucky.

/thread

dissonancy

09-28-2010

Every player starting ranked must start at ELO hell.

Grate.

lordratman

09-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Sense View Post
I believe that ranked players ought not to be placed at 1200 elo when they start ranked play.

This is average. Ranked players ought to start much lower as to not disturb the competitiveness of the average level of play.

Not all players suffer from elo hell, but I do.

I am a seasoned veteran that has played dota, tides, demigod, and lol since closed beta.

In beta I was top 1500, and at the start of ranked I was top 500 from some time.

Now, I am at 1200 rank and have not seen a player of my caliber in months. This is out of control and something needs to be done.

For those of us that enjoy playing tanks and support we will be stuck in low ranking for all eterinity. The meta game at low ranks has forced me to learn to play carries (which I adapted too quite well), but to no avail.

4/0 in lane phase, an average of 2 towers a game, and average of the best score on the team, and half again more assists than any player in the game has not given me the strength to return to ranked status.

However, players that have 150 normal wins start at my rank, how is this acceptable?

Discuss.
I've had a similar experience. I played a fair number of ranked games when season one came out. Had a few games where I went 5/1/7 as SORAKA and still would manage 50/50. I wait a few weeks and won around 12 ranked games in a row before I decided I was having more FUN playing normal games. Not because they were more relaxed, but my ELO is much much higher.

Season one pretty much starts as out as a new account. I have about 800 games played to place me at my current ELO, why why why would I went to reset that back to 0? Its asking for hellish games from the start.

If I go play a ranked game, I see obvious differences in skill just by how the players zone. You can troll me, whatever but in just the last 3 weeks, I've recognized at least 3 top 50 solo queue players in my normal games.

I hope season two is handled better. Players needed to be seeded to say 900, 1200, 1500 and not reset back to 1200. I've stopped playing solo ranked until I see riot has taken some more steps towards fixing "elo hell"