Riot bans people - Here is the proof.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Etyn

09-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosZeroX View Post
Probably banned from the forums not the game.
For the one in the image yes,

But think about how often they say they do not close threads. Players close threads.

In this case. The thread was edited, closed and the OP banned.

If they take such actions with someone who is just "name dropping" on the forums imagine what they do with racist comments, purposeful feeding and other bad things people do in game... There will never be "proof" of them banning someone in the game, because that would violate their privacy policy. But we can see from the image in the OP that they do indeed police their game and actively deter people from being idiots.

Diomedea

09-28-2010

I don't really get the point here.

Of course they ban people, from the forums and/or from the game, depending on their infraction. How does that surprise anyone?

Mujahidz

09-28-2010

I honestly think ppl who cheat in game should have their names posted on the forums and publicly castrated. Why should thier names be withheld? Makes no sense at all.

Also, Riot doesnt even have enough staff to check all the sent in reports they have said that themselves. So int he mean time, the in game report function doesnt do enough justice for us as a community to not name drop.

**** you hackers!

Chakki

09-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuredragon653 View Post
1. Obvioulsly Riot bans people. However, it's not enough.
2. Being forum banned is not the same as being banned from the game.
3. I don't have a third, but it always looks better to have 3 points.
1. I think Riot is doing a good job banning people
2. It doesn't look better to have 3 points...
3. ...****.

Azuredragon653

09-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekyzz View Post
1. I think Riot is doing a good job banning people
2. It doesn't look better to have 3 points...
3. ...****.
How can you say they are doing a good job if you don't know how many get banned? In the past two months, I can only think of two people that have been banned. One is the person the OP showed and the other is Carlos.

I'm sure they have banned a few more than that, but it's impossible to know.

Minrog

09-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etyn View Post
If they take such actions with someone who is just "name dropping" on the forums imagine what they do with racist comments, purposeful feeding and other bad things people do in game... There will never be "proof" of them banning someone in the game, because that would violate their privacy policy. But we can see from the image in the OP that they do indeed police their game and actively deter people from being idiots.
The forums and the game are not policed by the same people. The forums are likely to have more scrutiny because they are public and it is easily apparent when someone crosses a line. Nobody will know if the in game actions are being monitored, due to their privacy policy, so why bother spending CSR money policing them?

The squeaky wheel gets greased.

dissonancy

09-28-2010

Forum banning will certainly stop the feeders and leavers in game!

Coedeed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2010

Wait why was the poster banned?

Etyn

09-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coedeed View Post
Wait why was the poster banned?
Near the end of the post, there is <removed>

That part had a players name. Calling people out on the forums is against the rule. That particular person has done it before and one of the admins banned them for it.

And yes. This does go to show that they ban people in game. If they have enough time in their busy day of playing LoL and making new champions to stop and say "Whoa lets ban that forum user for 7 days for ToS violation" then they certainly have enough time to say "whoa lets ban that racist slang using redneck for 7 days"

Coedeed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etyn View Post
Near the end of the post, there is <removed>

That part had a players name. Calling people out on the forums is against the rule. That particular person has done it before and one of the admins banned them for it.

And yes. This does go to show that they ban people in game. If they have enough time in their busy day of playing LoL and making new champions to stop and say "Whoa lets ban that forum user for 7 days for ToS violation" then they certainly have enough time to say "whoa lets ban that racist slang using redneck for 7 days"
Oh that's weird. Someone called me out on the forums a couple months back, and the OP was told all over the thread to take out my name and email Riot but he refused. I purposely kept the thread bumped 2 weeks after and still nothing was done to said person.

Hmm.