ELO penalties for leaving/dodging are not appropriate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NSA Datalord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2010

Leavers and queue dodgers should be penalized harshly, but ELO penalties are not appropriate. Dropping these peoples' ELOs punishes casual or unskilled players by matching them with people who are not necessarily poor players, but rather poor sports/competitors.

There have been dozens of threads with good suggestions as to how to penalize leavers and queue dodgers. Most of them would be better than what we have now, which is a system which actively creates a bad play environment for the mediocre by lumping the worthless pieces of **** with them.

Ocean God

09-28-2010

Doesn't make sense to me. They don't want to play with a Teemo who called mid and a first time Karthus so you bring down their skill level? How about just extending the time until they can play again to 15-30-45?

Azuredragon653

09-28-2010

Agreed. Dodging should only give a time penalty. It can even be increased, since starting a ranked game takes longer.

CecilRhodes

09-28-2010

I repeat this every thread on this topic but I say...

Remove the ELO/loss, and just increase the time penalty for queue dodging ranked, 30/45/60, or somesuch to offset the extra loss of time made during draft.

BlackLordDragonX

09-28-2010

yeah lol ELO is supposed to be the player's skill level but every time u queue dodge you lose 10.WHy? I have lost like a 100 ELO just from dodgin teemos and evelyns

Tubelord

09-28-2010

dodging isn't near as big of a deal as straight up leavers.

shouldn't even be put in the same category.

LEAVERS are the big problem in the game right now. I would LOVE to have a queue dodger instead of a feeder/leaver.

Baín

09-28-2010

I really wish you could queue dodge certain things, or vote to put your team back into a queue. Playing with a pantheon/yi/tryndamere/mundo isn't going to work well no matter what you pick.

NSA Datalord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubelord View Post
dodging isn't near as big of a deal as straight up leavers.

shouldn't even be put in the same category.

LEAVERS are the big problem in the game right now. I would LOVE to have a queue dodger instead of a feeder/leaver.
Heh true enough. Queue dodgers are mostly an inconvenience, and an annoyance when new champs are released. Dodging does need to be penalized though, or people would game the ELO system by routinely dodging any game in which the draft picks are not favorable.

Leavers.. are trash. They should ideally be defenestrated, but as the mess would be incredible, they should be harshly penalized in game. People who are casual or just not that good should not be forced to play with these pieces of ****.

BlackLordDragonX

09-28-2010

and the worst part of it is when sm1 picks teemo or smt like that you are like sm1 from my team is going to dodge...going to dodge....gonna....fack game started i have a teemo on my team because no one wants to lose 10 ELO since he gains the same amount for a won game.So something you worked for for 40 mins gets killed in 90 seconds because of a douchbag who picked teemo/jax

NSA Datalord

09-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by QQBain View Post
I really wish you could queue dodge certain things, or vote to put your team back into a queue. Playing with a pantheon/yi/tryndamere/mundo isn't going to work well no matter what you pick.
A 4-1 vote to kick during drafting would be kinda neat. Especially when you get some mental midget who blows the teams first pick, bans twitch/shaco, or who starts raging in chat before the game has even started.