Current Sorc boots better than the old Sorc boots!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Revanchist

09-28-2010

I'd just like to go over for everyone in the community (and one person in particular) why the current sorc boots are better.

Original sorc boots had 25 AP on them. That's it, just 25 AP.

With spell penetration being such a rare stat back then why in the world would you ever take those boots? The damage increase was negligible. You were (and generally still are for many situations) better off grabbing Merc Treads or anything else rather than those.

Even if NOBODY on their entire team for some ridiculous reason buys Magic Resist they will still have base MR as well as their potentially growing MR depending on which champ/runes.

Having 20 less magic resist will simply make you hit harder than 25 AP. So how in the world would 25 AP ever be better if you are truly looking for more damage?

Simply, it never would be.

Right or wrong, community, right or wrong?

Zezaru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2010

Are you stuck in like 1990?

TalkGibberish

09-28-2010

... ive been playing this game for a while... and I didnt even know there was an Old Sorc boots

ZenithZephyr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2010

We put a MAN .... on the MOON!

Kryptix

09-28-2010

Someone's a little behind on their current events.

The Revanchist

09-28-2010

Sorry to put this thread out there, I know you all realize what I'm talking about is true...but the person I was speaking with was just a fountain of profound ignorance and I was trying to educate them.

VespaVictim

09-28-2010

Generally speaking, Magic Penetration is much better on casters with low AP Ratio's, and even casters with high ratios need some magic penetration, usually gained from runes and masteries.

I'm not sure how anyone could think that AP would be a better stat than Magic Pen on the boots simply because you can get AP cheaper elsewhere. (Kind of like the theory of Berserker's Greaves)

Glad it was changed

Orou

09-28-2010

Using MPen Reds/MPen Quints/APperLvl Blues/AP Masteries

13 MPen from Runes
20 From Boots
20 From Guise
40% From Void Staff
15% From Masteries
53 and 55% Total Penetration.
20 Reduction from Abyssal Scepter
~170 AP from those items

So anybody with >100 Magic Resist would take true damage? Thats pretty cool.
Of course, its no point of doing that. Your AP would be so low lol.

wheresmyfreename

09-28-2010

So what would be better on a hero like Nunu? His ratios are insane so it would be better to have AP or MPen runes?

sdjaks

09-28-2010

Current theories regarding heliocentrism are better than geocentrism!