What do I do??? help upper ELO players!!!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Support 4 U

09-28-2010

So..... I have been lvl 30 now for about 4 months or so. I have ALWAYS soloed 5v5 ranked. I am not saying I am an elite player at all, but I have watched and learned from a lot of the elite players streams. I understand the higher ELO game and I understand how a team should work....

The problem is I am in ELO hell. I played a lot that first week of season one with some new characters and I got behind. Now I have my mains and I'm trying to climb back up. The issue I am running into are selfish players. you know where 4 of the players lock in all squishy DPS because they want to play that. I am the player that looks at the team build and then will pick based on what the team needs.

So what I am wondering..... Do I need to just suck it up and work out of it? Or do i need to find a clan/group of people to do premades with w/ vent or teamspeak who also understand the state of the game? I don't get mad at players, I don't talk trash, I just want to play competitive. But when half of the people you are matched with quit after they die twice.... it's tough. Any upper ELO players have any advice????

Slade

09-28-2010

Duo queue with a friend, one play jungle, and the other solo top. Gank as much as you can and try to secure double kills every 2-3 minutes. Their top lane after dying a few times will make people on their team rage, or even the kids dying rage, and give you advantage. If you're good enough, you'll win 9/10 games. Udyr is really strong in low ELO for ganking with Bear Stance and Ghost, and super strong solo's like Nidalee, Sion, Ashe will guarantee kills with slows/stun/massive damage(nidalee@6) every time Udyr comes to gank.

CecilRhodes

09-28-2010

Solo lane Mordekaiser. He wrecks in low ELO. People seem to focus fire you for some reason.

Support 4 U

09-28-2010

that might help if I had many friends on my list.... I think I've only added like 3 people. So maybe that's where i need to start off....

BiCuriousGeorge

09-28-2010

what elo are u at?