I don't care what the tier lists say, I love Malzahar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GENERAL NUTBAKED

09-28-2010

i love playing malz. for casters i usually main morg, but malz is my favorite mage by far. usually get great scores and do damage that i would never be able to do with any other champ (besides my late game olaf =p).

super underrated as a tank melter, and the range on his ult is good enough to position him at the back of a teamfight and melt their carry/mage. his pool is hard to get out of when you got stupid **** like amumu and sona ults in the way. a well positioned malz pool will guarantee 2-3 ticks atleast, which is a ton of damage. he's also OP when combo'd with a morgana who has any sense of aiming skillshots..

Hecterian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2010

I feel the same way about Fiddle, Malzahar FTW.

InformedSpider

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2010

Malzahar is probably my favorite character, but between liking so many champions and not knowing what runes I want to buy, I have no idea when I'll be playing him extensively.

sandorlev

09-28-2010

Malzahar looks awesome, his voice is awesome, who would not love him? Also, he farms like a boss and is a freaking PROPHET!

Fallen 62

09-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamex
Also, he is a interesting as a caster and a lot of the flak he gets comes from a few big issues:

1. He has really low lane presence because his skill shot is hard to hit, his area denial does next to nothing, and his DoT and passive just end up pushing the lane out too far.

2. He can't gank at all until level 6 and his early game is more befitting a carry where it is oriented around farming, except he's not a carry.

3. QSS LoL. But seriously, his single target ult is good in ganks but it's really bad in team fights since Malzahar is so squishy :\

That said, he has some good points and is totally exploitable in pubby game play.
I play him in solo, and I don't have much of an issue. I'll play him in mid, or if someone else wants/needs it, I have no problems going to a side lane and being a thorn in someone's side... I disagree with your #1 point; if you are any good with your Q, it's a great harassment tool, and his W and E are wonderful for creep waves if you get pushed to your tower and need to clear them quickly. If not, you shouldn't be using your W until you absolutely have to, and use your Q for poking/harass. Works very well.

In regards to #2 and #3, he can gank before level 6, it's just not quite as easy for him to do it as some others. But, he can gank quite well if need be. As for his versatility in team fights, he throws out a quick Q in the middle of their team, followed by a W under their feet and a high damage DoT in E (and probably a voidling in there somewhere), along with his Ult and an ignite, and you've got one dead carry at the very least. My guess is that the rest of their team will be hurting from the silence and the % hp loss, and the loss of their carry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
Also, I +1'ed because...well, you know. *wink wink nudge nudge*
How you doin'?

Moxius

09-28-2010

With a little bit of luck in a fairly balanced game I killed a Xin and Morgana that took out 1/2 of my hp before I figured myself a deadman and rained hell on them; w/o kiting to boot.

Malz is orgasmic and should be givin a medal.

Although a slow on his puddle would be ideal, just imo <.<

Swiftycents

09-28-2010

I stopped reading after "I don't care what the tier lists say" and I upvoted you.

BACKSTABUUU

09-28-2010

I agree, Pirate is way, way beyond trash tier.

Giant Douche

09-28-2010

Malz is op.

Elementz is just a ****** who has played him all of 1 game, pre buffs.

Malz is not a champ to attempt to learn in a single sitting.

Fallen 62

09-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloriousGlory View Post
Malz is op.

Elementz is just a ****** who has played him all of 1 game, pre buffs.

Malz is not a champ to attempt to learn in a single sitting.
Malz can also be easily countered, and is very squishy... He's strong in his role as a support caster, but he's not OP. He can go 8/2, but he could just as easily go 2/8...