I don't care what the tier lists say, I love Malzahar

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fallen 62

09-28-2010

And I don't care who knows it :P I just started playing him not too long ago, and I'm having a blast. I saw a Malzahar tear it up one game against a tanky-ish team, so I figured that I'd give him a try in Normal (after a practice game or two, of course), and had some pretty decent success. I've only played 1 or 2 ranked matches with him, but I feel like he's a pretty strong caster, though I realize that others may fill the "burst caster" role better. Mal is more of a "dps caster", and I feel that those are different roles.

Anywho, who else loves Malzahar? What's your mastery/item/rune setup? Just curious because I want to look at getting better with him and using him to his fullest potential.

thereisacowlevel

09-28-2010

Malz is very strong, and his ult is borderline OP...

Too many buffs.

Taito

09-28-2010

I liked malz when he first came out...was pretty good at him to...only thing I hated back then was his ults range was waaaaaaay to short, buff to him now is very nice. :3

CoMaNdOoO

09-28-2010

Wickds tier list(top EU player) puts Malz as T2.

Many champions from Wickds Tier list went up on Elementz, like Twitch, Kassadin and others.

Sometime Malz will get that love.

Moxius

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2010

his pool is hilarious imo, accidently walked into it when he had 700 ap (was a long game :s) and I had 4k health /w some mr and I took like 500 dmg from 1 tick and shat my pants

Kryptix

09-28-2010

Malzahar is a bamf. Void bros forever!

dreamNing

09-28-2010

Also, he is a interesting as a caster and a lot of the flak he gets comes from a few big issues:

1. He has really low lane presence because his skill shot is hard to hit, his area denial does next to nothing, and his DoT and passive just end up pushing the lane out too far.

2. He can't gank at all until level 6 and his early game is more befitting a carry where it is oriented around farming, except he's not a carry.

3. QSS LoL. But seriously, his single target ult is good in ganks but it's really bad in team fights since Malzahar is so squishy :\

That said, he has some good points and is totally exploitable in pubby game play.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-28-2010

Malzahar in ARAM is OP. Last game I was like 27/3/13. After each of my three deaths I got a double-kill from my E. Happened everytime.

His E is amazing in ARAM. I mean, the whole enemy team is huddled together with low health. IT'S MALZ DREAM.

Anyways, yeah malz is a great champ even though I seem to suck with him in ranked...though I've only played him 1-2 times because I didn't feel like feeding anymore. But, I may give him another try in ranked.

Also, I +1'ed because...well, you know. *wink wink nudge nudge*

Mapekz

09-28-2010

Malzahar is a great support caster who can also nuke down a single hero if needed. I try to play him less for DPS and more for control. Throw E on the focus fire target of course, but I use Q and W to hit as many people as possible and R to stun the most dangerous foe in the team fight who isn't being focused down first.

He's very powerful in the right hands and can fairly easily lock down a good chunk of the enemy team, allowing your friends to kill the enemy team with impunity.

SarenArterius

09-28-2010

I like malzahar but I would like to see improvements made in his direction.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=260917