Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Focus Amumu More Vayne

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gafugarion

10-13-2012

Holy ****, I hope I never get in a game with the OP on ADC.

I Snort Alkaline

10-13-2012

1200 elo OP LOOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOLOLOLO

dude you should be on stage bro LAWL

Flipsy

10-13-2012

Quote:
Sykes7:
GD posters > Best AD's in the game

Karthus with Defile standing right next to Vayne. What happens? "GOTTA FOCUS AMUMU AND IRELIA!"

...Twice.

You're a moron.

Swampert

10-13-2012

Please, if you have the same mindset as the OP, don't play AD carry.

RexSaur

10-13-2012

Instead of hitting the closest target from a safe range to do the most damage possible, vayne should dive their whole team to ''focus'' ezreal right?

I doubt you play ad carries, you cannot chose to ''focus'' anyone you want, your goal is to input the most damage possible while staying alive.

iN4 ReSPeCT

10-13-2012

Yeah let's run past Amumu and just run into Karthas who's about to die just to get to Ezreal and get sandwiched and insta die.

dk Artemis

10-13-2012

currently in the 1200 elo, and this is the mentality of most people who don't play ADC. GG YOU SUCK YOU FOCUSED THE TANK.

ADC focuses whoever he can reach and is in front of him.

Relevant from a HIGH ELOer

"Positioning is the key to win team fights, especially if you are playing an AD carry. You want to stay behind your team. You should NEVER be in front of any tanks. This may cause you getting jumped on, which basically means a lost team fight. If a team fight is started, the enemies tanks/bruisers will jump on you. Try to attack them, despite everyone saying 'lol don't focus the tank, noob', because you won't be able to do more at first. Provided that you have survived the tanks / bruisers jumping on you (also depends on your mates), your time to shine has come. As soon as the AP or AD carry is in your range, switch to him and melt him down. If you can't reach someone squishy without getting dangerously near to the enemies, continue attacking the tank, which is most likely still chasing you and pray that you find someone, who has mispositioned himself and punish him. Either way, you killed something and have more space now.
Edit : I mentioned comment a), because even though AD carries do a lot of damage to tanks compared to anyone else on your team, it will still appear as if you didn't do any damage, because you are dpsing someone with high armour. Thus the comments "zzz, our ad sucks, does no damage" annoy me, even though probably, you did the most damage if effective health was displayed.
Edit2: Also, it's probably a good thing to mention that, tanks and bruisers are terms that are interchangeable, because most people do not use them correctly. There are actually very few pure tank champions, as most champs that people refer to as tanks, are actually bruisers.
Edit3 : Some people are still reading the title, and post content, as "FOCUS TANK ONLY". If you read carefully, the paragraph from candy panda's article mentions that you should continue to attack tanks, if there aren't any squishies you can reach safely, which implies if you can attack a squishy safely, you should do so. It also explicitly mentions that you should switch to a squishy if you can do so safely. If you can't attack any squishies without putting yourself in danger, then do the only thing you can do, which is attack tanks, hence the title."

Palefox

10-13-2012

i was thinking the same thing. wtf is vayne doing trying to down mummy first?!?! tag me in pls.

UrHumanShield

10-13-2012

Vayne can't hit Ezreal because he's all the way on the other side of Karthus. She can hit Karthus and kill him only for him to rape face for 7 seconds. Only legit targets for Vayne to hit are Amumu and Irelia.