How Do You Do This?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pharmacologist

11-20-2009

Yeah, the fact that people still do this really bothers me.

I know how, I don't. It's already easy enough to greatly increase your chance of winning by knowledge of intended things in the game. Why cheat?

Vorador

The Council

11-20-2009

Unversable you are so good yo~~~

ffase

11-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
We will be banning people for exploits in the future.
Oh shi.....

Waffle you should probably just quit now to avoid the pain of the banstick. I know you can't help it bro :]

SlyGoat

11-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithz View Post
Need a "Cheaters Lament" implemented Riot please!

lol

Special mastery for people who didn't cheat. Does nothing but make your hero glow.

smithz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyGoat View Post
lol

Special mastery for people who didn't cheat. Does nothing but make your hero glow.
Hey sniper! Shoot me here!!!

Furor

11-20-2009

I think the question for Riot becomes: Do you really want these types of players representing the "elite" of your game? Is this what you want prospective new players looking at? Is this a trend you really want to see?

It makes no sense to me on a business level whatsoever, to simply allow what at least your Elo system considers top players, to so obviously exploit to their own advantage (which is essentially the definition of an exploit - and not bug testing) and to be a detriment to the enjoyability of the game of those that play legit. And that's me speaking as a top 20 player.

The answers should be simple. It is never okay to exploit. And the very idea that it is okay, is a detriment to this community. If your top players are encouraging this behavior, chances are that lower-ranked players are catching on. And for most of these issues, it's as open-and-shut as a rear-end car crash. These players know better. They aren't mistaken, or confused, or misinterpreting any rules. So stop saying "in the future..." - you've had every right to ban them since beta and take disciplinary action, but largely you have not for a select few that apparently get to bend and break the rules.

Seraphim

The Council

11-20-2009

I think implementing the ban system is probably something they plan to do further down the line.

But I agree, I know of this exploit HAVE known about it for a while and wont do it. Cheating sucks and it ruins the game for people.

Larias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

11-20-2009

It was probably Zileas, and he probably said "exploit imbalances" - and that was during beta.

Elfbarf

11-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovinge View Post
Pen is the man, if only I lived closer so I bring over some delicious beverages to fill that shot glass of yours.
I see what you did there.

eddysamson

11-20-2009

So you said you'd be banning in the future......well what about all the ******s that did it now?

Also how can you find out who did it?