LoL youtube highlights channel

First Riot Post
12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spunkify

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

10-28-2009

Hello guys,

With the release of LoL this week id like to let you guys know that I will be creating a Youtube channel today that, once a week will host the top 10 LoL plays of the week.

This wont just be judged by me, I will have a panel of judges who will screen the plays and rate then based off of several areas.

If you have ever watched the Machinima channel on Youtube and have seen their highlight videos for games such as Halo then you can expect the same type of highlight categories and videos on this channel.

Details regarding what type of highlight videos we wish for you to submit for the week (as in top team battles, solo kills, craziest death, etc) as well as video format and where to upload, will be given in a followup post shortly.

Also I am looking for someone to make a good intro video to play before the clips. If you feel you are able to produce something for us let me know.
You can contact me at leaguetopten@gmail.com

Update! A monthly contest will be held! Winners will receive 20 dollars in Riot points!

Guide for setting up and using Fraps: http://www.mmorpgforum.com/showthread.php?t=331

Update:

Our Youtube site is here: www.youtube.com/leaguetopten

SUBMISSION:

You can submit videos here

For highlight clips, the videos must not be more than 45 seconds in length. Be sure to add a bit of "setup" footage so that when we show the clip, viewers have time to get their bearings before seeing the highlight.

Videos need to be uploaded in 16:9 format, 640 x 360 is what Youtube displays them as. When compressing the video, be sure to either make it 640 x 360 or a multiple of this (i.e. if you cant force the compression to do this then have it do 1280*720)

This will result in HD videos and a uniform look throughout the top ten video. There are numerous guides on the internet showing how to compress videos for Youtube in this format.

Clips can be no larger than 300 megs. When creating the final video I will compress it to the final size.

Try to not capture any other audio except the in-game audio. There will be a short intro to each clip and if people are talking in vent and can be heard in the clip its distracting.

Bak and I will be releasing details where to submit once we have the back end setup which should be real soon.

The highlight videos themselves will be 10 clips (thus the "Top Ten") highlighting the best of the best of that weeks submissions.

As for other types of videos to be posted on the channel, these will come soon enough along with sub details.

Spunkify

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

10-28-2009

Initial channel is up,

Please note its just a skeleton and will be fleshed out later with a better look.

It can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/user/leaguetopten

Go ahead and subscribe. First video should be out by next Wednesday, if everything goes smoothly.

Submission details still coming later.

Larias

Adjudicator

10-28-2009

Seems like it could be a cool thing.

Pendragon

Director of Player Experience

Follow RiotPendragon on Twitter

10-28-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I can't wait to see what you do with this!

Spunkify

Adjudicator

10-28-2009

Ty Penny,

I also wanted to announce that there will be a monthly contest.

The winner will receive 20 dollars in RIOT points!!

The contest submissions wont always be videos....

HeyJon

10-28-2009

i subscribe number 3 :] hopefully this will be a fun thing to look forward too every week

Spunkify

Adjudicator

10-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by StalkYourMom View Post
i subscribe number 3 :] hopefully this will be a fun thing to look forward too every week
Hehe yes it will be. Ive been busy getting everything set in stone behind the scenes!

MaximalBeast

10-28-2009

Sounds fun, I'll definitely have to check it out. I always get a few kicks and giggles from watching Halo Top Ten.

Holepuncher

10-28-2009

This seems pretty cool. I'm looking forward to seeing some great clips.

Last night my friend got a killing blow on a fleeing hero using Ashe's ult from our mid tower to between their top towers. It was the best LoL play I've seen thus far. Too bad I wasn't recording, but perhaps this new channel will motivate me to start.

Spunkify

Adjudicator

10-28-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holepuncher View Post
This seems pretty cool. I'm looking forward to seeing some great clips.

Last night my friend got a killing blow on a fleeing hero using Ashe's ult from our mid tower to between their top towers. It was the best LoL play I've seen thus far. Too bad I wasn't recording, but perhaps this new channel will motivate me to start.
Thats what we hope for!

12345 ... 6