Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The fortune of playing with Miss Fortune

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gorocreep

09-28-2010

The fortune of playing with Miss Fortune

Backstory:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/champions/21/miss_fortune_the_bounty_hunter

Miss Fortune:

She is a fantastic champ to play. She can make a lot of damage AP while striking fear with her Bullet Time and Make it Rain not to mention that while she shoots from a mid range enemy champs will start dying while engaging some fellow champ and won´t even think is because of you.
Know that her only and worst flaw is her life, she can really be torn apart if she goes 1 on 1 against, well…anyone. She is great in assisting whoever goes first in fights, perfect for team fights 5v5 because when the enemy thinks they have the upper hand, then Bullet Time comes and turn the tables.
If managed well MS can even turn herself into a good hunter of mid-life champs.

Abilities:

Double Up (Q) - Miss Fortune fires a bullet at an enemy, damaging them and a target behind them.
Miss Fortune fires a shot at an enemy target, dealing 35/70/105/140/175 (+) physical damage and 120% of that damage to another enemy target behind the first. Applies on-hit effects.

Many other guides will teach you the greatness of this ability, but not this one. I find it useful but not essential. Reason? It is hard to predict the bouncing of the bullet. The only way to assure the shot is when the enemy champ is behind all the creeps or standing with no creeps at all with another enemy champ, but of the target is mingled with creeps is hard to know what creep you should fire for the bullet to bounce correctly. I have seen MS use it to harass and again, it can be done, but is not my style because it costs too much mana and doesn´t scare as much as Make it Rain. BUT again it will be very useful to catch champs in the run, when they think they have outturned you, shoot the last creep or target and that bullet will make the kill.

Impure Shots (W) – Miss Fortune passively increases damage dealt to a target with each strike. This ability can be activated to increase Miss Fortune's attack speed and cause her attacks to lower healing received by the target.
Passive: Miss Fortune deals 6/8/10/12/14 (+0.05) magic damage to her target with each attack, cumulatively stacking up to 4 times on the same target.
Active: Miss Fortune's attack speed is increased by 30/35/40/45/50% for 6 seconds and causes her attacks to lower healing received and health regeneration by the target by 50%.

I like this ability, can be great to putting down towers with the boost of speed, second tool of harassment because every time you have the chance you can shoot the enemy champ and deal extra damage that can really scare him off and finally in team fights it will give the great advantage of taking away the targets regeneration, which can be decisive in a battle.

Make It Rain (E)- Miss Fortune unleashes a flurry of bullets at a location, dealing waves of damage to opponents and slowing them.
Miss Fortune fires hundreds of bullets into the air which rain down at a location after 0.5 seconds, dealing 95/155/210/275/335 (+0.8) magic damage over 2 seconds and slowing enemies hit by 20/25/30/35/40% for 1.5 seconds..

This is my right hand tool, you will use it for nearly everything, from farming to attacking. It will be your #1 harassment tool, shoot it while the enemy champ is trying to strike your creeps and if you already have Impure Shots, shoot him while he tries to escape and I guarantee a third of the life gone, making the enemy champ think twice is farming. Great when the fights break out because while they are focusing on some friendly champ this will hit whoever is near and again, because it slows the target, not one will be able to run away easily. Also this can help friendly heroes on the run, shoot where he is at or where he will be so you can slow his pursuers down. BUT be aware, the cool down is a bit high so try to use it wisely.

Bullet Time (R) - Miss Fortune channels a flurry of bullets into a cone in front of her, dealing large amounts of damage to enemies.
Miss Fortune channels a barrage of bullets into a cone in front of her for 2 seconds, dealing 60/85/110 plus the higher value between (0.2) or () magic damage per bullet.

The cone of death. NEVER use it to farm, it’s a waste and that makes kittens die every time you use it to kill creeps. This will be great as I said before in team fights to turn the tide, make the attackers turn into the retreaters. Also when not in team fights only use it when you are sure to make a secure kill, at least one: If the enemy hero has 1/3 of his life remaining, use it! unless the target is a tank, then you might want to Make it Rain just before you use it. Make sure to be close, but not too close, so the cone can give you great cone length but not too close for the enemy champ to side step and laugh.

Strut - Miss Fortune gains an additional 25 movement speed after 7 seconds of not being attacked, increasing each second up to 80 maximum bonus speed.
It will be like having boots of speed all the time! So remember, try not to get hit.

Masteries:
I won´t go into detail, just go with ALL the attacking tree.

Runes:
Won´t go into details either, just try to make all your runes Ability friendly. Everything that gives you more AP and anything that helps cool downs, period.

Summoner Spells:
I always recommend either Flash or Ghost for your retreat, because Strut will not help you while running away! As second healing spell, can make the difference when the things get hairy like while running away you can slow enemies with Make it Rain, active your Ghost and run your ass off. The healing spell can help when they put a clock bomb on you or something that is draining you life like Teemo´s poison, it is sad to know you will die and there is nothing you can do about it,

Skilling Priority:
E-Q-W-E-E-R-E-W-Q-R-W-Q-W-R-Q

First off…make it rain, as I said…you right hand tool. Double up to give a hand and then Impure Shots to help with harassment.

Items:

I start out with Meki Pendant and 2 Health Potions.

Try to stay in the lane until you get 1600 gold and get Sorcerer Shoes (Now +30 Magic Pen) and Tear of the Goddess (Great for you mana pool) and then Vampiric Scepter to help you with you life issue.

From here, my build order goes:
Manamune - UNIQUE: 1.5% of your max Mana is converted to Attack Damage. UNIQUE: Each time you attack, you gain one maximum mana (3 second cooldown). Each time you use an ability, you gain four maximum mana (3 second cooldown}. Bonus caps at 1000.

This item will give you the mana you need AND the attacking damage to keep harassing and killing enemy heroes.

The Bloodthirster - Gain an additional 1 Physical Damage and 0.25% Life Steal per kill. Maximum of +40 Damage and +10% Lifesteal. Bonuses are lost upon death.

This will TOTALLY help you with your life issue and help you get the WTF kills when heroes think they can surprise attack you and they end up being surprise while they kill you and you drain their life.

Last Whisper - UNIQUE - Attacks penetrate 40% of the defender's armor. PLUS speed

This item goes IF you are winning, it will give you more draining power and faster shooting.

-OR-

Guardian Angel - UNIQUE - Revives your Champion upon death, restoring 750 Health and 375 Mana. This effect can only occur once every 5 minutes.

This you will need if you are the target of hate or you are losing, this way you can push lanes a little bit more.

How to Play Miss Fortune:

Early game – Harassment is your motto. Make the rest of the heroes know that farming for them is out of the question. If you are solo that is your sole purpose…if you are in a 2 champ lane, be that champs right hand. If you initiate the attack do it with make it rain. I always prefer to help instead of initiate, because that will reduce the focus and hate against you. BUT if you do this ALWAYS help your teammates, help them escape with Make it rain, health them with you healing spell if necessary…even if it means to use you Bullet Time to “shooing” you enemy in order to give you friendly champ time to run.

Mid game – Is time to help other lanes and other champs, always stay in the shadows or behind friendly tanks, try not to show yourself alone or you will be the first target to be ganked UNLESS it is in your teams interest for you to make a trap being yourself the bait, but then you will have to relay in your team to jump in the fight in when the time is right. People will help you if you have helped them, common sense. If they have felt that you have given everything you can to save their hinds, they will tend to do the same unless they are huge #$%&%$!

Late game – Bullet Time when the time is right and Make it Rain as much as you can, when trying to get a tower down use the active impure shots. If you are winning at this point, there is very little chances for the tides to turn. Keep pushing and helping ganking. Again NEVER engage 1v1, even if you feel you can.

Penis Thrusts

10-09-2010

I agree with almost everything in this guide.

I liked your idea of getting Manamune first. But I usually build up to it by getting Tear then Zerk Boots. This way you can start building your mana pool with Tear before upgrading to Manamune. The longer you have Tear, the more AD you will have.

I disagree with getting Last Whisper no matter the situation. Getting this is a waste of gold. Gold that should be spent on AD for your ulti. Your single target damage is second priority. With 400+ AD your ulti (around 220 dmg / bullet) will easily win every team fight for you. I suggest buying Black Cleaver instead.

Penis Thrusts

10-09-2010

Since you didn't address runes...

My input is crit. It helps with laning immensely when you explode on your enemies with 200 double ups.

xxplosive

10-10-2010

this guide is terrible

Pieson

10-10-2010

make it rain does no damage. And it's really not that difficult to figure out where double up will hit...

eric the blue

10-10-2010

one of my teammates once suggested making Bloodrazor the 3rd item-it does extra damage based on enemy's max health-very handy against "tanks"!

but i prefer making a phage/ice mallet 3rd-the slow effect is very good for harrasment!

Garthunk

10-11-2010

am i the only one that noticed that this guide keeps talking about AP with 0 AP items? ap is really not the way to go, make it rain's boost in dmg from AP is negligible at best, and you lose out on the speed benefit of impure shot's active without the AD to make it useful. runes should be armor pen+whatever you prefer; CD, HP, crit, whatev. stacking crits makes impure shots pretty nasty when you slow them with rain.

bloodrazer is great if you're facing tanks, otherwise stack crits and AD=profit

lifesteal isn't bad i guess, but i've never really needed it with her movespeed, you shouldn't really be getting hit that much to take advantage of the staying power. she's not a stand an fight character unless it's to channel her ult, otherwise you should always be moving and taking advantage of her wonderful passive.

you could go with some type of slow, but again, she has a built-in slow, so why bother? money better spent on dmg and crits.

and i agree with Pieson, it's not hard to hit with double up, it seems ot actually prioritize heroes if they're in the arc range for the second bullet (although i haven't bothered to actually check that as fact). it's very easy to harass another mid away from the creeps with double up, denying them exp and gold.

manamune is an interesting suggestion, but she's not THAT mana dependent, a chalice takes care of all her mana needs for the entire game.

xathil

10-13-2010

this guide is fail. when you play a hero that has an attack SPEED boost you pick up attack DAMAGE items which are affected by the speed boost. not more attack SPEED items like last whisper. get black cleaver its better against anyone with less than 150 armor. which is most people. also it has more DAMAGE. against affected by your passive's active effect.

problem with fortune is her only cc is a slow and it has crappy damage. make it rain is WORTHLESS as an escape skill since well.. lol.. it barely slows them down at all. it also has next to no damage.

and biggest reason why fortune is a fail? no real cc. no stun, no snare, no taunt. go play something else OTHER than DPS. it makes TEAM play alot easier if everyone packs cc and uses it.there are equally good choices for dps if not better out there that DO pack cc. cc> no cc. the end. anyone can play dps and bullet time is hardly a GOOD reason to play fortune. and frankly... you might as well play twitch since its basically the same thing except its easier to position yourself since twitch has ambush vs fortune's fully visible running around. i'd rather have a good twitch on my team over a good miss fortune any day.

THSi

10-15-2010

Quote:
xathil:
this guide is fail. when you play a hero that has an attack SPEED boost you pick up attack DAMAGE items which are affected by the speed boost. not more attack SPEED items like last whisper. get black cleaver its better against anyone with less than 150 armor. which is most people. also it has more DAMAGE. against affected by your passive's active effect.

problem with fortune is her only cc is a slow and it has crappy damage. make it rain is WORTHLESS as an escape skill since well.. lol.. it barely slows them down at all. it also has next to no damage.

and biggest reason why fortune is a fail? no real cc. no stun, no snare, no taunt. go play something else OTHER than DPS. it makes TEAM play alot easier if everyone packs cc and uses it.there are equally good choices for dps if not better out there that DO pack cc. cc> no cc. the end. anyone can play dps and bullet time is hardly a GOOD reason to play fortune. and frankly... you might as well play twitch since its basically the same thing except its easier to position yourself since twitch has ambush vs fortune's fully visible running around. i'd rather have a good twitch on my team over a good miss fortune any day.

I give you a 1/10 for the effect to troll, but over all you're pretty bad, you can tell that you just got facerolled by a MF less than an hour before this post. P.S. you didn't troll the guide you Trolled the character which is why you only get a 1/10.

Bourreau

10-17-2010

Now i used to play miss fortune when she came out loved her and took a break to try other champs. Now i have just came back to miss fortune and play her the way that i used to before which steam rolled teams and almost always have a positive score but yet i keep getting called noob for the way i play her. The way i play her is AP.

I start off getting Boots of Swiftness then Rylai's Staff then Zhonyas ring, then usually Rod of ages and whatever else is needed team wise.

for runes i got Mag Pen reds AP yellows and Blue and HP' quints

Now the reason why i go AP is for the benifits for the team. i am able to use one move and can clear whole minion waves. with around max lvl make it rain is hitting for 800 dmg in 2 seconds so with that im able to push towers better than most champs. and it makes for insane gold farming

also the passive of Impure shots damage is increased by an amount which means when you activate it you are doing more damage with that.

then of course your ultimate gets a percentage of Ability power. granted not as much as AD but mixed with the Dmg you do with make it rain it works its way out to be even.

Just my two cents. ill prob be down voted to all oblivion but bring it on