Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Master YI DPS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mr Hanky

11-19-2009

I play YI and love him, can someone post me a DPS build for items... all the ones on here are forest builds, which I do not want to do.

Holla back!

Comfortably Numb

11-20-2009

There are other ways to do this but if you just want a lot of dps then this works.
http://leaguecraft.com/builder/Master+Yi/c398508bf95db72256020fb1dcfefbdd

Etherin

11-20-2009

Meki pendant -> chalice.
emblem of valour -> stark's fervor
boots -> whichever (usually mercury treads, imo)
BF Sword -> infinity edge

Buy whatever you can as you can. I generally start with the pendant and 2 pots, trying to stay the lane until ~2k gold.. really depends on the pace of the game what you get first, second etc from there.

Main thing is just to fight with your team as much as possible, since you're a great finisher and turret pusher, rather than sit and farm until late game.

edit: If the game keeps going, you ought to be able to tell what items you should be working on next... try to get the most dmg while ensuring your own survival - wit's end for extra MR for example.

Hitpoints

11-21-2009

Quote:
Etherin:
Meki pendant -> chalice.
emblem of valour -> stark's fervor
boots -> whichever (usually mercury treads, imo)
BF Sword -> infinity edge

Buy whatever you can as you can. I generally start with the pendant and 2 pots, trying to stay the lane until ~2k gold.. really depends on the pace of the game what you get first, second etc from there.

Main thing is just to fight with your team as much as possible, since you're a great finisher and turret pusher, rather than sit and farm until late game.

edit: If the game keeps going, you ought to be able to tell what items you should be working on next... try to get the most dmg while ensuring your own survival - wit's end for extra MR for example.

Please spread the word on this, so that I can continue to dominate other Yi's on 1v1's.

Such a terrible build.

Edit: I just reread this again... you seriously need to l2play.

Kardinal Syn

11-22-2009

Quote:
Hitpoints:
Please spread the word on this, so that I can continue to dominate other Yi's on 1v1's.

Such a terrible build.

regardless of your opinion, can you be less of a doosh about it?
thanx

TheTruhan

11-22-2009

Well, this is a build I've been using since the start of using Master Yi:
1. Brawler's Glove->Avarice Blade
2. Berserker's Boots (Buy boots first)
3. Phage (Preferably the long sword first if you are short on money but it doesn't really matter)
4. Bloodthirster (Always start from the lifesteal not B.F Sword)
5. Zeal
6. Infinity Edge
7. If game still continues, Frozen Mallet
8. If still, any armor or anti-tank items (if there are tanks), if not just go black cleaver
9. Still? Phantom Dancer

This is a build I created solely for the purpose of dominating since early game and for early kills, it not meant for farming from the start. If you want you can try it, it's been very successful for me and most Yi that I go against, which focus on farming, gets out-dpsed unless they're fed that is.

Lance

Recruiter

11-22-2009

Quote:
Theorgil:
Well, this is a build I've been using since the start of using Master Yi:
1. Brawler's Glove->Avarice Blade
2. Berserker's Boots (Buy boots first)
3. Phage (Preferably the long sword first if you are short on money but it doesn't really matter)
4. Bloodthirster (Always start from the lifesteal not B.F Sword)
5. Zeal
6. Infinity Edge
7. If game still continues, Frozen Mallet
8. If still, any armor or anti-tank items (if there are tanks), if not just go black cleaver
9. Still? Phantom Dancer

This is a build I created solely for the purpose of dominating since early game and for early kills, it not meant for farming from the start. If you want you can try it, it's been very successful for me and most Yi that I go against, which focus on farming, gets out-dpsed unless they're fed that is.

I think I will try this build. i've been practicing with Yi, but Jungling isn't always the winning option.

Thanks!

Etherin

11-22-2009

Quote:
Hitpoints:

Such a terrible build.

Lol @ troll

Pieceofcandy

Recruiter

11-22-2009

Meki->Philo

If you're confident in your skills at map watching and smelling ganks coming

Cloth Armor+Long Sword->Maldred's Razor

Vamp Scept

Boots of Speed+ Dagger ->Berserker's Greaves (Buy this before Razor build if you don't map watch and find yourself getting ganked all the time)

B.F. Sword ->Infinity Edge

Team check (If their HP starts getting high)

Finish Maldred's Razor

If you're cutting them down finish Blood Thirster. If the other team has tons of summoner heals or Gem Knight/Soraka/Mundo swap the build to Executioner's Calling. (50% MS makes easier to rampage when they're popping heals left and right.)

I don't usually get Phage/Frozen mallet I just jungle for red runes so I tend to build phantom dancer at this point but it's really up to you.

Game should be pretty at the end already, you're free at this point to sell the Philosopher's stone for another damage item, I usually never find Yi pressed for mana at this point in the game. Black Cleaver or Last Whisper would be ideal.

Yi build is pretty squishy like most, easiest way to score kills is to try to rush in from behind/brush as your team pushes from in front. Any team packing lots of hard disables is going to make it rough.

By level 7-8 you can nab red runes and start ganking.

Klazzix

11-22-2009

Atma's Impaler
Executioner's Calling
Berserker Greaves
Sterk's Fervor
Last Whisper
Infinity Edge

Get them in any order you want.
WUJU STYLE~