Really bad latency since patch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gladius Prime

10-13-2012

Hey, usually my latency is amazing 30-80 ping but lately i come home to play a game and i notice its 600-1000+. Now before you all get all antsy and the pantsy blaming my ISP keep in mind i play WoW and SC2 very often and my ping is still really good in those games.

So odds are i will probably be suspended because i had a few games where i was at least 1-3 seconds behind enemy player movements so i probably came off as god awful, and we know how understanding lol players can be.

I should add some games are fine but it seems every 4th one it just starts with high ping and stays. As a matter of fact i started up wow and logged in while lol was running in game and the wow ping was normal and LoL was unaffected but still thru the roof.

Guess ill have to sit out lol until next patch, or the one after... or the one after that?

Gladius Prime

10-13-2012

Add an in lobby ping gauge so i know when not to que

WhiteShift

10-13-2012

Same here for the most part. I really think the "In Lobby Ping Gauge" is a really good idea and should be relatively easy to implement.

Karn Bishop

10-14-2012

I also recieve this issue, i hate that last patch, its evil.

AwesomeGuy09

10-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Impregnater View Post
Hey, usually my latency is amazing 30-80 ping but lately i come home to play a game and i notice its 600-1000+. Now before you all get all antsy and the pantsy blaming my ISP keep in mind i play WoW and SC2 very often and my ping is still really good in those games.

So odds are i will probably be suspended because i had a few games where i was at least 1-3 seconds behind enemy player movements so i probably came off as god awful, and we know how understanding lol players can be.

I should add some games are fine but it seems every 4th one it just starts with high ping and stays. As a matter of fact i started up wow and logged in while lol was running in game and the wow ping was normal and LoL was unaffected but still thru the roof.

Guess ill have to sit out lol until next patch, or the one after... or the one after that?
I get 13 ping.

Elfephant

12-13-2012

There are many things I dislike about the recent patch.
-The new Shop is HORRIBLY designed, and I can't find most of the stuff I need anymore.
- I also find the weird squares of red in the shop to be confusing and bizzare. (I use the mac client usually, and I see red squares in the shop, I don't know if it's the same for everyone else.
- The latency is HORRIBLE, I used to be able to run iTunes in the background, and have no problems, now I have to shut off the client to be able to so much as move around and survive. This creates problems when the game ends, and I just get kicked off because the client makes it run even worse. I usually have a very good fps, and my connection usually appears in green (around 28).
- When I got into the game the last time, I was able to move for all but 10 seconds, afterward everything else was running around me, yet, I could not move. A message appears on the screen following "attempting to reconnect" is reads. A loading bar appears beneath and I had to wait until I was connected again to play. It wasn't just me, my entire team was having latency problems, eventually bad enough to crash the game and kick me off.

This was probably the worst update I have seen in a really long time, and I hope they fix it.

Dragonsbaine

12-13-2012

I haven't had any lag issues since the patch. However over the past 3 weeks I have come across the occasional scumbag trying to use a netsuspender to cause lag issues with people. I know it's netsuspenders, because the only people that get affected are the ones not grouped with them. I also know it's them because lag and spikes are unpredictable, yet every time it's occurred, the enemy team was able to predict it and take full advantage of it. Taking out towers during the spike, when we can't do anything and the game appears to be frozen, then focusing on us, when everything clears up and we see the tower is gone.