Evelyn is not broken!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ohasis

10-25-2012

She doesnt really have a counter in mid. She can lane safely until 6 and then just roam from mid.

Smight300

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-25-2012

I think ryze would smash eve in mid, and you really dont need pinks to know eve is coming just have some green wards around the map per usual ping and call mia quickly as soon as shes missing. I do think her ult should be toned down tho.

Troll Control

10-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel Snipes View Post
She is easily countered in mid lane and the game is even more rough on her when she starts roaming.. As long as you buy pink wards to spot her. Even though she might zone you out of lane for a bit its better than getting killed. While she roams mid can just push tower and then she loses a lot of the needed XP.

Oppinions?

Countered by who? Why should people be limited to those picks? Your whole team shouldn't be buying pinks for evelynn. Her roaming is fantastic and the problem of the person pushing your turret while you are roaming exists for every champion you can play. Do you have anything else?

laxjoh

10-25-2012

Eve with DFG is definitely annoying but nothing more. Those who say OP just simply do not know how to lane against her or know how to deal with her. Anyone with range and CC can keep Eve at a distance to prevent her using spikes on you.

Why do people assume you need to pink ward 24/7 all the time? People should be regularly warding their lanes no matter what. If you replace it with pink, sure it's twice the price but you also can take out enemy wards if you place your pink right. You can keep pink ward in your inventory until your mid calls MIA (but you have to make sure to call MIA instantly as soon as Eve is not visible in the map even if she's just grabbing blue or just lagging). If you're complaining about wasting gold for pink wards, then you really don't understand the game..

Also, @allheil, yes people SHOULd be limited to certain picks because you should be counter picking them. You can't really complain about champs being OP or broken if you don't counter them. Like choosing Akali vs Darius, then calling Darius OP. Darius's true damage may be OP but you can easily shut him down in lane with great counter picks for top lane. Same applies for Eve. And yes your whole team SHOULD buy pinks for Eve. First of all, support should prioritize warding over building items no matter what. I hate it when support buys a item recipe and said "no wards for 10 minutes cuz I need items."

Her roaming is fantastic yeah, but a roaming Eve is an Eve that gains no experience so long as your other lanes don't derp. Just have everyone ward and time their pink wards to when you call mia. If Eve is starting to get a lot of kills, get your jungler to pin her down while you kill her. Eve is not hard to kill. How can you call Eve OP when Morgana is still around? And even Morgana can be countered and shut down fairly easily.

People pretty much label most stealth champs OP because they don't know how to deal with them. Like people saying Rengar is OP. Read his skill sets, learn the champ, and learn when to initiate/trade/back away. Don't just charge in when Reng has 4-5 fury or w.e. it's called and complain about massive damage from Reng being too OP. Also, saying Rengar is OP when you facecheck bush is just fail. Just like not getting pink wards for Eve; to put it in perspective.

Mid laners like Malzahar, Ryze, Ahri and Katarina can counter her although Malz and Ryze works better. Next thing you'll know, people will say Teemo is the most OP ADC because he has shrooms.

adc

10-25-2012

I'm fairly sure Riot doesn't see champions like Evelynn doing well in low Elos, and not high Elos, and think "Oh man, Evelynn is so good at low Elos, we better nerf her." Evelynn statistically has the highest win rate of any champion in all Ranked games at 56%. She has the second highest win rate in Platinum at 60% (next to Shaco's 64%). To put this into perspective, Dyrus has a 54% win rate across all ranked games. The Rain Man has a 52% win rate across all his ranked games. Rumay (2.3k Elo) has a 54% win rate. All these high, high level players are barely above 50%. So how does a champion with a 60% win rate not seem OP?

Forcing your support, mid, and top lane to buy a lot of pink wards is going to gimp them later on. If you suppose the average support buys, what, 10 wards in lane for 750 gold - they're now having to spend 1500 gold on those wards. Their GP10 items are delayed, and they just have a lot more trouble overall. Simply by being in the game, Evelynn can cause supports to have a hard time getting anything. And so you pink ward your brush - she just buys mobilities and ganks through the lane. So pink ward both brushes, you say - well ****, now you're playing super defensive AND you have to spend a lot MORE gold on pinks. See the problem?

Also, I don't know if Shaco is going to be targetted for a nerf, but I know because of his playstyle it can wreak havoc on an uncoordinated team.

crazylff

10-25-2012

i always play kass vs her and gain free elo from it
she just got too much counter in lane
if she roam call mia and push your lane to let her under level
punish her even harder once she come back
then she will stop all her roaming but to survive her lane

InsidiousIntent

11-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalleDeBain View Post
Actually, eve gets countered hard by mid like Ryze, morde or swain. THose who can harass and 1vs1 well and those you can keep her at distance can do well agaisnt her.
Do u really think that swain counters eve?

Eve is my favorite since the remake and she can handle almost any mid... the only exception would be morde cause of his passive, and even then she can stealth all the time and harass when his shield is removed..

Evelyn is great... she is getting banned in tournaments for a reason

InsidiousIntent

11-08-2012

and even if u buy pink wards do u think it affects eve's new game style? all she needs to do is go from around. she does not need to get in melee range to attack u now and she can use her passive just for mana regen..

lilAznRider

11-08-2012

Evelynn can harrass mid easy shes got speed which makes it hard for ap to hold her down. Her Q have low cool down plus she can escape mid gank easily. In turn she can give back some gank of her own. Evelynn is one of the character that can be op in seconds if not contain. She is my main character that I like to play. Evelynn can be stop just like Karthus can be. Leona, Daruis, morgan...it all depends on how skill the person playing her is and how well the person playing against her is.

Monkey D Lüffy

11-08-2012

I'm horrible I know... but all I can think about right now is how you spelt Evelynn wrong.