Help with Amumu

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tritechnicon

10-14-2012

I have a question that's been bugging me since I got Amumu. Is it better for Amumu to initiate a fight, drop the enemy's health a lot, and then die to let my team clean up the squishies, or should I still initiate fights but try to get out intact in case my team needs me again?

Undertaker c2

10-14-2012

Unless every time you die you get an ace and the rest of your team survives with enough health to immediately push or get dragon or baron- unless you can absolutely guarantee that outcome, you should avoid dying at all costs.

deaths generate gold and xp for the enemy team. If you initiate a teamfight and then die, no matter who wins the trade, one person killed you and four assisted. That's about the equivalent of 10 and 6 cs respectively, basically for free.

That being said, your kdr as a tank/init is expected to be a little more gnarly than the others at let levels. But smart players will ignore the tank and attack the carries, then you after, do you shouldn't be the one dying THAT OFTEN either. With amumu your init is to flash in with w on, r>e, and then q the squishiest person you can hit. After that if you're team is smart you can scurry off while they peel enemies off of you and your carries, our while the event is dazed by amumu's sick init :)

Undertaker c2

10-14-2012

Ps autocorrect is hilarious, made me sound like an idiot...

Amatzikahni

10-14-2012

Depends on the reason for your death. If they're focusing you, then you're clearly doing your job as the tank and your team should have no problem easily winning the fight and taking towers/objectives. If you're dying because you're trying to chase their ADC who is clearly trying to kite/kill you, then you need to stop chasing and get back to the fight so you can be near your ADC when your Q comes back up. Also, if you're diving a turret and know that your team can win the fight, then sometimes (but not always) you should try to tank the turret while your team mops them up. Often, if I know we can win the fight, I'll initiate and tank the turret until my team pushes them back, then I'll let someone else tank the turret so that I'll still be valuable for the ensuing push.

Phil McGroin

10-15-2012

If you have the choice between dying, or sneaking out of the fight with a little bit of health, I'd definitely choose to stay alive. An alive ammumu can bandage shot onto those escaping squishies better than a dead one.

PhoOniAzn

10-15-2012

it depend if you are jungleing or not, cause if you are you are the tank if not you can go for staff of ages which give a fairly good stat boost to hp/mana/ap to do a good chuck of damage but most of the team you can survive with very little health cause if you build tanky it can be hard to kill you but if they leave you alone you can let your w(despair) drain them of their life with rylai crystal spector is a great way to slow enemies
got to http://www.mobafire.com/ it really help you know the champs better

Tritechnicon

10-15-2012

I can usually help my team take out 2 or 3 people by initiating a fight. I only initiate group fights; the other times i'm just pushing or jungling. Of course sometimes i get stupid and waste my ult to get, like, one person and then i feel like a total idiot :P