Season 2 World Finals: Summoner Icon Giveaway and Pro Showmatch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lusster

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenRyan View Post
No bro, same code works a thousand times.
Thanks.

Jixson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Hey - the event was actually always slated for 6:30pm. We just decided yesterday to add this last minute today, thought it would be more fun as fans are filling in to have a cool show match going on instead of any prior games. I'm personally really excited about it!
I suppose that is fair, but why the late ass start?

I know you guys are Pacific time, but while it is not as bad for the Koreans watching(11:30 am) it is pretty darn late to be starting if for Europeans and East Coast people.

It would have made a little more sense in those time zones to start around 1pm pacific(give or take an hour) so even if/when it goes long with breaks/malfunctions whatever you may have people are into it at 11pm(and later of course in the EU, and it is 5am in Korea which is not optimal, but isn't all that bad for a Sunday morning.) and not just getting started.

It might be something to think about in the future. It seems that every company that is Pacific based makes it a bit more optimal for them(events/maintenance/etc.)and it kinda screws over everyone else. Usually the Aussies the worst.

PandarenAleHouse

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magus View Post
... to see your favorite players compete on the Fields of Justice one last time.
I hope they'll compete again...

ubermenschlich

10-12-2012

It only screws us Australians over if it's held during the day/morning in America like the playoffs, I was waiting for the day to start at 2am and staying up all morning to watch sometimes. I get to watch the finals at a mobar (barcraft) and am glad the icon has a 24hr redemption time period so I can get home and unlock it. I just hope that I remember the code

Poeta Somnium

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBeard View Post
Doors are slated to open at 5pm, but might be ~15 minutes earlier if we are ahead of schedule.
RedBeard.

Go to bed man. =P

RedBeard

VP of eSports

10-12-2012
4 of 22 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet Ultima View Post
RedBeard.

Go to bed man. =P
Lot's of time to sleep on Sunday

For now, just making sure tomorrow is a good day!

Oberic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyUnicorns View Post
i wish the redemption period was lower so it would be more rare :/
I'm already going to miss the whole freaking event because of my work schedule.

And it was K

10-12-2012

I wish I could go. >:| I'm gonna try to go next year...

Killrazor

10-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jixson View Post
I suppose that is fair, but why the late ass start?

I know you guys are Pacific time, but while it is not as bad for the Koreans watching(11:30 am) it is pretty darn late to be starting if for Europeans and East Coast people.

It would have made a little more sense in those time zones to start around 1pm pacific(give or take an hour) so even if/when it goes long with breaks/malfunctions whatever you may have people are into it at 11pm(and later of course in the EU, and it is 5am in Korea which is not optimal, but isn't all that bad for a Sunday morning.) and not just getting started.

It might be something to think about in the future. It seems that every company that is Pacific based makes it a bit more optimal for them(events/maintenance/etc.)and it kinda screws over everyone else. Usually the Aussies the worst.
There is no optimal time.

DreamsnCrime

10-13-2012

Sry, how can I know my stream code???