Season 2 World Finals: Summoner Icon Giveaway and Pro Showmatch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akitu

10-16-2012

As someone who missed the whole event due to unfortunate circumstances, will there be any opportunities to claim the Riven summoner icon? I'm a die-hard Riven fan, and am so disappointed because I missed out on the icon.

I emailed support and was informed that unless there was a public announcement about it, I could receive no further answers, and had a mini back-and-forth resulting in an ultimate 'we can't say yes and we can't say no'.

Hi Geoffrey

aka Bazner

Follow Xin it to Win It on Twitter

10-16-2012
17 of 22 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akitu View Post
As someone who missed the whole event due to unfortunate circumstances, will there be any opportunities to claim the Riven summoner icon? I'm a die-hard Riven fan, and am so disappointed because I missed out on the icon.

I emailed support and was informed that unless there was a public announcement about it, I could receive no further answers, and had a mini back-and-forth resulting in an ultimate 'we can't say yes and we can't say no'.
The icon was redeemable only for the 24 hours after the event. Sorry.

Zerglinator

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazner View Post
Depressingly enough, I totally called this.

ShalomStreet

10-16-2012

I know we get the icon the week after the championship (now being this week) but when will we receive those? I have seen a couple of friends with them already but some who haven't (including myself)...any word?

Jixson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShalomStreet View Post
I know we get the icon the week after the championship (now being this week) but when will we receive those? I have seen a couple of friends with them already but some who haven't (including myself)...any word?
It is stated in this thread that if you went to the championship and redeemed your skin code, you got the icon instantly.

Otherwise I imagine it is a rolling out basis due to sheer amount on the support people, as well as the servers getting it out only to the people who redeemed the code.

IcyBoy

10-16-2012

LoL I did everything and never won

Purekillers

10-16-2012

how i dont get the new icons -_-

NinjaCalibur

10-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazner View Post
What sucks here is that your webpage did not work at all for me during the entire 24 hour period since the stream showed it. I was watching the entire championship finals stream. I was there to catch the code. I immediately went to the site shown on screen and it was down. At first it simply didn't load. Then it was still not loading. Throughout the rest of the show I kept going back to it and it still wasn't up. Hell, a little past midnight I still went to check and it wasn't available. Early morning, not available. Eventually I gave up on it.

The icon should automatically be given to all summoner's who have had an account before Season 3. Doesn't matter about codes or whatever bs. Hell, the in-game shop didn't even have the code page available either. I had went there as a last resort to see if maybe it could work and it was unavailable.

Not everyone who saw the stream and got the code was able to get it. And it is not their fault of it either. We deserve our Icons to signify being part of Season 2.

koolnerd

10-16-2012

The webpage didn't work during the event. However, if you tried the next day it loaded very fast and wasn't a problem. I took screenshots of it too, just to make sure. 24 hours is 24 hours, don't complain if you missed the cut

The Human Bakery

10-16-2012

I very definitely put in the stream code for the Season Two Championship Icon, and got the confirmation page saying it worked. I don't have it still. I saw others with it, why don't I? This is directly for Riot since I'm sure they could look it up.