Could Use Some Help With Lux

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigDaddyRelish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

Lately I figured that I had been ignoring Lux, and after seeing her in the Season 2 Championships and a few of you guys doing really well with her in Dominion, I figured I'd pick her up and try to learn her.

She's very different from champs I normally play/am good with, but she's a lot of fun. However, I'm still having a little trouble making her work quite like I want her to.

I really want cdr for maximum lazorz, and because the shield is AMAZING and the cc is nice too. But I find that if I go for cdr early, I don't do the damage I want. If I go early dcap or something though, I find that I'm begging for my spells to go off cd so I can use them again to either save myself, a teammate, or a point.

How do you build Lux personally? Any help is appreciated.

Koravel

10-12-2012

First off, Lux's ultimate has a serious issue that Riot seems incapable of fixing. It is *still* missing people, I had it happen twice in both games where I was playing Lux, the beam goes right over people and does no damage at all. Just keep that in mind when playing her.

Lux needs CDR. Get max CDR and her ultimate is less than 30s for CD, I believe.

So Lucid boots/Frozen Heart is good.

Always look at the enemy team, though, if they are heavy on CC, you might want Merc Treads rather than Lucid.

If you go Lucid first and then some AP, you're generally going to die if an ADC so much as sneezes on you. That's why Frozen Heart is such a core part of most Lux's I see, (and mine as well).

Rylais is something that I would say not to build on Lux, although I have seen it a few times.

The items I most see on her are:

Lucid/Sorc Boots, (Lucid being better than the +20 mrpen, IMO), Frozen Heart, Abyssal Scepter, Rabbadon's Deathcap, Athene's Unholy Grail.

Items are always situational to enemy team, but Lux needs to go for CDR and then damage, in my experience. The reason being is early game she can rely on base damages, as well as the fact that she's a great supporter early on with her shield, slow, and snare, and doesn't need to be pumping out major damage, and this allows her to keep throwing those spells.

Late game she needs the damage as well, thus adding lots of AP after your FH is completed.

Throw in an Odyn's Veil somewhere if an AP is bothering you and there's a pretty solid Lux build.

ricedream5

10-12-2012

You can do quite a bit of damage with sorcs + guise for mpen because her ratios aren't all that epic and especially her 200 damage passive scales well with mpen.
For CDR, Grail is probably core. Frozen heart is also a great choice.
If you want to go more glass cannon and abuse the range (but then you can't really risk using your passive), you need the Cap, but I feel like you would do more damage with mpen.

DG Gormirn

10-12-2012

You want Pros ring+boots(merc) start>hextech Sweeper> Glaicail> Void staff> abyssal> Zhonyas

stay with a buddie all game. youre able to soak damage and deal plenty of it out

Risemix

10-12-2012

Sorcs/Guise->Frozen Heart
Other choices can be DFG/Sweeper/Odyn's/Void Staff/Zhonya's

Deathcap if you're owning

Never buy abyssal, your range is too long to make good use of it.

You want to be able to take a little damage. Good players will see that your Q is on cd and try to jump you.

In most of my Lux games I end up with Sorcs/Guise/Frozen Heart/Void Staff/DFG/Sweeper

weezcake

10-12-2012

Depends what you want to use Lux for. Top or bot lane?

AldrickExGladius

10-12-2012

You're going to need some kind of defense. I don't play Lux, but when I'm playing against her, the good ones always have some sort of defense items. Just build defense against the most dangerous gap closing champs on the other team and you should be fine.

HaIfhearted

10-12-2012

I feel like Lux needs to be built with a very high amount of AP to be of optimal use.
I tried the usual tanky AP on her, and she just felt too weak.

If I had to recommend a build, it would be:
Boots/ring > Fiendish Codex > Ionians > Void > Deathcap

Just stay way back, poke the heck out of people, and provide your team with massive shields.

Bukumber Express

10-13-2012

I got her last week and I've had fun with her so far. She's pretty awesome if you play her on the bottom of the map. I start with sorc shoes, then rush morello's. Then a deathcap, then the unholy grail. Usually the game is over at this point, but if it's a bit longer than usual, then I go RoA for some extra sustain (because if the game has gone that long, it's probably really close and every bit of hp will count). I've never completed a full build on Lux while playing Dominion so the sixth is yet for me to figure out.

Lycantrip

10-14-2012

I agree that CDR is the best stat in general on Dominion. That being said, my runes and masteries tend to look like this:
Runes
Masteries
-Here I have a total of 12.62% CDR at lvl 18 with a little AP and survival.
-Items-wise I won't go for max CDR since her ult CD is already quite short, but more of a mix.
-Sorc Shoes/Merc Treads depending on CC threats, Codex, Deathcap early. Finish Unholy Grail, and decide on MR or Armor or a mix. Zhonya's Hourglass and Frozen heart for armor.
-I don't reccomend abyssal anymore after the nerf. The range is far too short for a long-range champion like Lux. Chances are if your enemy is that close to you, you're dead. Go ahead and build Odyn's Veil for MR.
-Guardian angel and/or Aegis of the legion for a mix.
-If you're short on AP, look at Voidstaff, Will of the ancients, or Lichbane (Synergizes with her passive).
-Try different things out and use what's best for you. Stay adaptable to any situation.