Guide to jungle Diana

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JustPlainT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

10-14-2012

Hey all!

Just started making youtube guides to try help some people out, please let me know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8x_Lgpsw5lI

JustPlainT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

10-14-2012

Ok so here's how I usually build Diana for the jungle:

Starting Items:

-Boots
- 3 Health Pots

Early items:

- Doran's Ring x2 (For mana regen, health and AP)
- If you want early sustain get a Giant's belt
- If you are getting fed and want more power go with a large rod!

Mid Game:

- Finish off your Rylai's and deathcap

Late game:

- I usually go with an Abyssal next!
- If the opponents are building MR get a Void Staff
- If you don't want Void Staff or Abyssal you can always try items like Guardian Angel, Nashor's Tooth and Wit's End.

Get your early skills in this order:
1. W
2. Q
3. W
4. E
5. Q
6. R

Then after that I usually max Q asap, then W second and E last.

Any suggestions or feedback would be appreciated

Pøtatoes

10-14-2012

I will probably get downvoted, but I really like getting malady on Diana.

It's a quick item (only 1800 gp), greatly increases jungle speed (50% attack speed and put jungle creeps into the negative mr). Finally but not the least, you shred -24 mr to your enemies when you gank (mid will love you).

After many games with Diana, I never have enough gold to get a full build that would include Nashor Tooth Instead of malady.

I do :

Sorc Boots
Malady
Abyssal
Guardian Angel
Deathcap
Rylai

Lethadind

10-14-2012

Fix your mic.

Also, you seem to enjoy using her ult without using the Q, which I find odd. That Ezreal would have been a dead boy had you used Q on Sejuani instead.

As the one comment on the video said - the lane compositions cause me to seriously question the viability of your guide. You are clearly not playing a ranked match.

I'm a personal fan of grabbing Catalyst - Rod of Ages on Diana, as she is in the middle of fights and needs the extra sustain, plus she has mana issues early, and the Catalyst actually provides awesome sustain with its passive while leveling in the jungle. You could grab HoG and Phil Stone for these but they don't really build into anything useful for Diana, so I prefer not to go the gp5 route with her. DFG I could see as viable on her though, so maybe a Kage's Lucky Pick, but that would be the only one I would consider.

Also I feel like, especially since Abyssal Scepter got nerfed, it's a very good item on Diana in place of Void Staff. Leave Void staff for your AP Mid. You are in the middle of fights so you BOTH benefit from the passive of Abyssal Scepter, and it just provides a ton of utility for your team that basically only you could provide (with the shortened range of the passive).

Also, attack speed on Diana isn't nearly as good as people think it is. I tried it for awhile but got better results by sticking to tanky AP items like Abyssal Scepter and Zhonya's. If you try to build Diana like a mage you are going to fail, she's an AP Bruiser and needs to be built like one. It's the same argument as someone like Gangplank or Xin building pure damage - they can pull it off from time-to-time, but they provide the team with a lot more utility by building Atmog's/TF and some tanky DPS items.

The strongest utility that attack speed provides Diana is pushing power - pushing dem turrets to oblivion. In a teamfight it's mostly wasted unless the team is stupid and isn't focusing you.

By the way I'm like 65% win rate with Diana in ranked, 50+ games played with her, if that means anything.

JustPlainT

Master Recruiter

10-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethadind View Post
Fix your mic.

Also, you seem to enjoy using her ult without using the Q, which I find odd. That Ezreal would have been a dead boy had you used Q on Sejuani instead.

As the one comment on the video said - the lane compositions cause me to seriously question the viability of your guide. You are clearly not playing a ranked match.

I'm a personal fan of grabbing Catalyst - Rod of Ages on Diana, as she is in the middle of fights and needs the extra sustain, plus she has mana issues early, and the Catalyst actually provides awesome sustain with its passive while leveling in the jungle. You could grab HoG and Phil Stone for these but they don't really build into anything useful for Diana, so I prefer not to go the gp5 route with her. DFG I could see as viable on her though, so maybe a Kage's Lucky Pick, but that would be the only one I would consider.

Also I feel like, especially since Abyssal Scepter got nerfed, it's a very good item on Diana in place of Void Staff. Leave Void staff for your AP Mid. You are in the middle of fights so you BOTH benefit from the passive of Abyssal Scepter, and it just provides a ton of utility for your team that basically only you could provide (with the shortened range of the passive).

Also, attack speed on Diana isn't nearly as good as people think it is. I tried it for awhile but got better results by sticking to tanky AP items like Abyssal Scepter and Zhonya's. If you try to build Diana like a mage you are going to fail, she's an AP Bruiser and needs to be built like one. It's the same argument as someone like Gangplank or Xin building pure damage - they can pull it off from time-to-time, but they provide the team with a lot more utility by building Atmog's/TF and some tanky DPS items.

The strongest utility that attack speed provides Diana is pushing power - pushing dem turrets to oblivion. In a teamfight it's mostly wasted unless the team is stupid and isn't focusing you.

By the way I'm like 65% win rate with Diana in ranked, 50+ games played with her, if that means anything.

Hey thanks for the response and yeah I know there was something wrong with the mic and I wasn't aware of the static until afterwards. This is my first video so I know it wasn't perfect but I hope to improve! And also this was just a normal game, but I feel that I was still able to highlight the basics of playing her. I have about a 65-70% ranked win rate with her too.

Anyway I agree with you on the attack speed the only AS item I would consider is Nashor's Tooth or Malady and that would be under certain circumstances only!

Thanks for your feedback too I appreciate it