Tuesdays/Thursdays are now Casted Inhouse Night

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sakuri Ono

09-16-2013

Important Update 10/8 Going to have to cancel due to illness.

Casting Stream: Will be viewable here.

Highlight Reels: Will be hosted here.

Alright, so as some of you might've seen in my chat spam tonight; I've work with a prototype project tonight that I'm going to be making a regular, weekly thing. Every Tuesday and Thursday nights I'm going to be streaming Inhouse games and casting them live on my stream. Primarily as a way to practice my own casting but also a fun thing for people to listen to and be in a casted game without being in DD.

Give me a few weeks to get used to this and I plan on taking this a step further. I'd like to turn this an event/place where rookie casters can hop in and get some practice without the stage pressure of being on the main tournament channel and alongside the 'big names'. This way we have a place to train new 'professional' casters so Feedski has a wider pool to choose from for future tournaments (should he need backups or decided to go with the multi-twitch option).

I'll be pestering a few people in the community, like Fancy Wolf, to help me with the room set ups so keep an eye on DD chat or on my stream in the evenings for the invite calls if you're interested.

Had a few requests to post this as well.

This is the final game from tonight's practice casting (so an inside joke or two might seem odd at the start). Takes me a little bit to get going (since the room crashed beforehand and we had a dodge XP ); but even I'm a bit surprised how fast I talk during the play-by-play:

Team iPooAfros vs Gandair Pls

So, yeah. Basically feel free to leave any feedback or ideas for how to improve casting night. And I look forward to hosting for the Dominion community for some time to come.

-SO

Dominion Casted Inhouse Night FAQS (9/17)

How is team balancing going to be handled?

By and large that depends on what help I have on what nights. I'm not really a good judge of who is what power level amongst the DD community aside from some of the more obvious names. If it's just me and Kero running the show then the responsibility of balancing teams is very likely going to have to fall to the players in the game. From now on we're going to start having Kero hop out of the room entirely once the first 9 slots are filled. This will allow for team swapping and position adjustments.

However when I have someone like Fancy helping me out; there will be more guidance for getting the teams to a more equal power level.

Overall though I would say come into this expecting more of a casual gaming atmosphere. Don't play just for the win. Don't play just for power. Play for fun. Play to make friends. Heck I actually like having to think of justifications for off-kilter bans and picks. It's far more entertaining then rattling off the same names and reasons 4+ times in a row. XD

What about casting Scrimmage games between DD teams?

If this takes off enough I would love to cast scrim games. Right now I would like to keep this more 'open' to the community at large so that casuals have just as much opportunity to play as the 'pros'. However I would consider turning, say like, Wednesday (in future weeks) into 'Casted Scrim Night'. Granted that creates the problem of getting enough teams together to fill up a two hour block; but we'll cross that bridge later.

Are you going to get a co-caster?

As I mentioned in the above section (first post for those reading this on page 2); it will likely be two weeks or so before I consider pulling anyone else in. Allow me to explain why:

At this moment in time I still need to get my play-by-play fundamentals down. I still have quite a few errors in basic casting that need solo practice to iron out (speech stuttering, getting names wrong, taking a while to get rolling, using too many bridging words rather than a smooth sentence structure, ect., ect.) Once I get casting style #1 down; then it will be most beneficial to bring in a co-caster.

To further explain; from what I understand there are two types of casters. Play-By-Play & Color Commentary. PBP is what it sounds like, calling the rolling action as it happens. CC I believe is the follow up details of the action with a bit more personal opinion thrown in as well as extra speculation.

If I can at least bring my PBP level up to 'average'; this creates an optimal training environment for everyone. Anyone looking to practice CC commentary will have a decent PBP caster to work with; whereas if anyone is looking to practice PBP I can switch over to CC and get some practice in that myself.

But without at least having the basics down on my end it's just asking for a potential train wreck. XD However there will be invites for co-casting at a soon-future date.

What should I do if I miss the streaming times?

All footage will be archived in the 'Pasts Broadcasts' for a few days following the stream. Additionally I will be highlighting the 'closest' game of each set I stream and also uploading it to Youtube. So if you want to see what the community is playing past hours you have a source to find it.

OnyxFlame

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2013

Sakuri, this is an amazing initiative!

One thing, though - probably should be careful to balance teams slightly further. Teams consisting of 3 players from highly competitive teams really should be balanced on the other side with something more than our resident Fizz, but inhouse balance is always a tricky, finicky thing.

What about doing scrims during this time as well? Seems like it could help with balance, create awareness and some great matches, and advance the community as a whole!

Romantic Metro

09-16-2013

So much fun Saku thanks for doing this! I'll be there for those nights!

@Onyx I like the idea of organizing team scrims for that like an exhibition match. But that should almost be planned cause we need to have at least 5 members from each team to be able to cast it and I've seen how hard it can be for everyone to be on at the same time for 10 specific people.

I do like just random inhouses too cause not everyone gets to be casted and I won't lie it was very fun being casted even if I did so-so ^_^;. Not only is this good casting experience for sak and future casters, but I think it's good advertisement for players who are interested in playing. Teams can evaluate these "free agents" and determine themselves if they might be interested in that player in the future. Think of it like a proving grounds kind of thing.

I tried banning allea's janna and lulu and let him get his sona, and he proved he's still very good with her. Now a lot of teams know about allea and we all know allea can't play on Saturdays, but he is a prime example of teams being able to see what he can do. How he plays how effective he makes his champions as well as their build and how he reacts to his current situation.

When players play together to "try out" certain players I think it's effective but they are also trying to evaluate their play. This is a very effective means to figure out if they are interested in the player in the first place and could see if they want to try them out to begin with.

TL;DR: Great for casters to get experience, great for players to try and show their stuff, and finally it's fun to be casted. It's really cool to experience that feeling of being casted and hear your name. It's novelty sure, but I think this project is a great initiative for the DD community.

Fancy Wolf

09-16-2013

Let me host the inhouses, that way i can balance out the teams better for closer matches.

but ill more than happily assist sakuri with this

BoochManX

09-16-2013

This was a ton of fun, I'll try and be around for these. BTW great job casting!

Weeks1

09-16-2013

The best part is obviously Kero providing crowd feedback. :P

Nice idea, hope it sticks.

Weeks1

09-16-2013

Hm, I would suggest having a cocaster. Seems to me it's much easier to cast that way. Nice job in this one though.

naotasan

09-17-2013

Why not try to get stream time on dominategamingtv stream schedule?

AldrickExGladius

09-17-2013

It was a lot of fun to play with some of the DD guys. Thanks for doing this Sakuri, I think it will create for buzz about DD and get more people involved with it. Sorry I had to leave after that crash, it was getting too close for me having to leave to go play a soccer game. But Tuesdays and Thursdays, count me in to play!

Golly

09-17-2013

Awwwww yis. Always loved your casting and it's a shame you aren't utilized more for DD.

I watched the other night, and was disappointed when it ended.

You are going to blow your voice though. You are a machine.