Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to play against bots?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Airelyn

09-27-2010

hiya, i'm kinda new here and i was wondering if theres a way to practice against bots instead of real players? i'd rather not go against real players until i learned the basics against bots.. but please let me know, thank you xD

colloquial

Emissary of the League

09-27-2010

There is. Normally you can play against bots in practice games. However during times of high server stress Riot puts a limit on how many real players must be inside of a practice game before you can start. So in order to play by yourself you can wait for the servers to stabilize some, or play during off-peak hours.

CCfromAR

09-27-2010

Airelyn

Add me as a friend if you wish.
I've not played against anyone yet.

I am a lvl 5 that doesn't play much. I'm only interested in having fun nothing serious.

Heck anyone can add me if they want, maybe that will encourage me to play more.

BTW: How do you add someone you meet here in the forums?

colloquial

Emissary of the League

09-27-2010

Quote:
CCfromAR:

BTW: How do you add someone you meet here in the forums?

In the bottom left hand corner there will be a button you can press. If you click on it it will pop up a side bar that is your friends list. Near the bottom of the bar there is a + icon. Click on the + and enter the summoner name of whoever you wish to add. A request will be sent to them.

CCfromAR

09-27-2010

Thanks collaquial
I suppose their play ID would be the same as the forum ID.
I want to be sure first.

Warrrax

09-28-2010

Keep in mind when you first create the game you will see 2 boxes.

Difficulty and Champion. This does NOT mean champion difficulty.

First, change difficulty from new player to Easy.

Then dont worry about champion unless there is a specific one you want that bot to play. Otherwise it will randomly pick.

Third, remember that if you want to practice a particular character, make sure there is not a Bot-version of that champion on your team!

Fourth, the X player minimum is really annoying! You might have to play at odd times to get around this.

Airelyn

09-28-2010

okay thank you everyone (: i'll try to get on at odd times then and try it out.

Teddykillergrifo

09-28-2010

add me as a friend i can help you win games give you tips and lots of other things
add me griffoisdaman