Why the punishement Que for ranked dodges?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NotAboutDatLife

10-12-2012

So, as ive been trying to get my ELO up, and ive been successful in most respects. It's come to the point that in some games people will intentionally afk/random in the lobby. For instance, im currently waiting now 30 minutes to play another game because someone, afk'd in lobby, didnt speak the entire time, then as last pick, just picks Xin and auto-locks when we badly needed a ranged adc. So of course, instead of wasting 30-40 minutes of my time with a troll, i dodged. (Not only saving my ELO from dropping, but others int he group as well).

Why not introduce a que system, where people choose the position they'd like to que for. I know problems like these would still arise, people would choose support for faster ques and then just go whatever position they intended on.

I'm not sure how to fix that for the better, other than possibly allowing a voting system to kick a member who isn't playing a character that is for that role, or someone who wont speak, thus kicking the person and restarting the que's for everyone. Although vote to kicks could be limited to like 2-3 per day, to prevent intentional harrassment.

mystical wizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

Just because someone doesn't fit the meta doesn't mean you will lose. I've had a Soraka autolock after we already had a support and no jungle. I was mid and offered to go bot lane because she insisted on going mid. We ended up winning because everyone was friendly and just went with the "troll". It's surprising how far being nice and just putting up with silly antics will go.

Strghtflush

10-12-2012

I can see where the OP is coming from, but it's much worse when you get random ally screens frozen in champion select. Last night I had a guy offering to trade me darius for soraka, disconnected from everything but chat and wound up master yi. There are cases to be made for the lack of the punishment timer, but all in all, it does help people not get pissy about "I didn't get my favorite champion, i'm not going to play"

hoistthegreat

10-12-2012

You also can't punish that because who is your or anyone else going to tell me i can't support with fizz, people will rage regardless. Look at my record as support fizz (if you could) and it's well above .500. Just because he didn't pick the champ you thought he would doesn't make him wrong.

Strghtflush

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoistthegreat View Post
You also can't punish that because who is your or anyone else going to tell me i can't support with fizz, people will rage regardless. Look at my record as support fizz (if you could) and it's well above .500. Just because he didn't pick the champ you thought he would doesn't make him wrong.
I'm not going to try to debate the effectiveness of support fizz, but the point is that in the current meta, there are champions who do a lot better in certain roles than others. For example, Soraka would get slaughtered in the top lane or jungle, meanwhile putting Darius on bottom lane alongside the carry would get them killed. People aren't trying to restrict your freedom to do what you want, they just want to win, and a character that's in an unconventional spot has a tendency to frighten them.

NotAboutDatLife

10-12-2012

I've various supports, and those are fine, if you want to go ahead and be on your own 5's team and play something like Volibear support, go ahead and do it. But if you're assigned to bot lane, you shouldn't be able to choose Xin as the adc because you wanted to go top or jungle and didnt get to do it...so you force someone else to dodge, or just troll the game and force Elo to go down. It happens far to often that someone will random/afk pick and just afk that game, which 60% of the time is a loss, and a loss in Elo that isn't deserved.

Say there was a que system where you que'd for bot lane, you'd be acknowleding that you're either going to get support or adc, and the game would limit you to playing tanky characters or ranged AD characters.

I'm sure there are other ways to do it, but it's unfair for myself to have to dodge a ranked game because someone doesn't care about their Elo enough for it to matter for them, and then i have to wait 30 mins to play again?