Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What is the current meta in Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Galgus

10-12-2012

Ah, I don't go bot lane often- that may be it.

In top lane group fights, a little CC and burst seems to handle him well- perhaps playing Veigar top skews my view, though.

I only asked to be able to relate more to discussions about current favorites, and to help me look for trends. I don't intend to seek out the flavor of the month and latch onto it, though.

Infirc

10-12-2012

When playing JAyce, dont get triforce build as a Sr carry would build and add a yomuus at some point, early brutlizer is somewhat mandatory, you'll see the difference.

FOODFOOD

10-12-2012

Quote:
Galgus:
Ah, I don't go bot lane often- that may be it.

In top lane group fights, a little CC and burst seems to handle him well- perhaps playing Veigar top skews my view, though.

I only asked to be able to relate more to discussions about current favorites, and to help me look for trends. I don't intend to seek out the flavor of the month and latch onto it, though.

If you want some champs that are always strong, but never really FotM, give these a try. They're my favorite:

Kayle (#1 fav)
Vayne
Amumu
Lee Sin
Warwick (used to be FotM)
Xin
Katarina

I find all of them are pretty fun, not really FotM (though Katarina is getting there...), flexible, and they're generally solid dominion choices that won't make your team or the enemy team rage.

Galgus

10-12-2012

I've been running Veigar and Singed most recently, though I can also use Riven and Garen.

I still need to buy Chogath.

Tempestphile

10-12-2012

Depends on your elo, i find at my low elo, its sometimes good to play an initiator like Amumu or Alistair or even Sejuani

Why? Because people tend to pick carries and squashies with the one nice guys picking heim or yorick or something and takes bot

urmamasllama

10-12-2012

because dominion top has no laning all team comps are based around team fighting. as such team comps are more about how you want to engage in fighitng and comps will vary widely based on the strategy behind your comp. however the general format will be a disruptor a mage and an AD carry or bruiser, with the fourth pick being either another disruptor or support usually. beyond that its all about how you want to fight. for instance hard engage comps need strong lockdown and initiation. poke comps need strong disengage and sustain. gank comps need strong burst and the ability to peel single targets off. there are many other team fight strats but those are the common effective ones. the reason most people have a hard time finding the meta in dominion is because it is more tactical and less strategic. and there are so many tactics or in football terms "plays" that are used in dom and you pretty much would have to go through all of them and define which ones are strong and which ones aren't to properly define the meta.

bottom lane is very similar many different kinds of champs can go bot and each one generally follows a specific strategy. tanky champs with a bunch of cc and sustain are meant to stalemate the lane until a teammate comes to gank at which point they use their durability and CC to facilitate the kill. AD carrys go bot to farm up and get a gold advantage so that they can switch with a stalemate champ late game and destroy top. assassin champs go bot to kill whoever their lane opponent is 1v1 and just attempt to dominate completely, this is a very high risk/reward pick as if the assassin is against a stalemate champ they will likely have a hard time winning lane and will get ganked a lot which most assassins can't handle well.

Sir Bulldog

10-13-2012

Bot lane is kind of like your mid in SR. Usually you will see some form of ap mage. Sometimes you will also see some ranged ad carries.

Top is a different story entirely. Since dom is predominately team-fight oriented, you want champion selection that has three key elements: sustain, survivability, and cc. So, with that in mind, tanks dominate on dominion more than they do on summoner's rift, because they are not limited to just being support.

So, here are some of my favorite dominions champions: Leona, Allistar, Warwick, Rammus, Master Yi (if played properly), Annie (bot lane), Ryze (bot lane), etc.

Out of the champions in that list, the one i use the most is Rammus, since i don't use him in summoner's rift (he got nerfed into he ground so he's not very good there anymore). But on dominion he is a force to be reckoned with.

Hypersauce

10-14-2012

Revive is the meta

AndersMMO

10-15-2012

This is the dominion meta, at least at high Elo (I'm +62 atm):

At top there are 3 or 4 archetypes:

1. Standard
AP Bruiser (Diana, Zyra, Brand (w/ sweeper shroud), Swain)
AD Bruiser (tankyderps IE, J4, Pantheon, Xin, Darius, Jayce)
AD Carry (glass cannon w/ an escape IE, Ezreal, Vayne, Corki)
Support (usually tanky IE amumu rammus malph etc)

2. Double AP
AP Bruiser
AD Bruiser
AP Assassin (glass cannon IE Fizz, Evelynn, Brand, Poppy,
Support

3. Double Tankyderps
AD Bruiser
AD Bruiser
AP Assassin
Support

4. POOTing
AD Bruiser
AP Bruiser
Tank
POOTERSS (high mobility back-dooring monster usually zilean, rammus, janna, or lulu)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At bottom there are really 4 primary archetypical picks:

1. AD Attrition
Fiora
Xin
Jayce
J4
Rengar

2. AP Attrition
Diana
Fizz

3. Sustain/Push
Yorick
Urrdurr (Udyr with HP regen EVERYTHING runs pheonix, stalemates lane and pushes like mad)
Zyra (push all day)
Heimer (push all day)
Mundo (Urrdurr variant)
Soraka (QQQQQQ pushes lane to tower with global presence)
Nunu (consume everything, AS slow counters AD attrition, spell vamp quints + early revolver means your consumes give you 9 BILLION health)

4. Trollololol
AD Malz (kind of hybrid attrition, scary as hell, strong push, can't 2v1 and no potential if switched top)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

General Meta:

Summoners:
5 revives
bot takes garrison
support takes garrison
all other tops take either 2 exhausts 1 ignite or 3 exhausts

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any other questions feel free to post or add me in game!

gl on the scar

CnD Ânders

Syclicient

Recruiter

10-15-2012

Quote:
Ânders:
This is the dominion meta, at least at high Elo (I'm +62 atm):

At top there are 3 or 4 archetypes:

1. Standard
AP Bruiser (Diana, Zyra, Brand (w/ sweeper shroud), Swain)
AD Bruiser (tankyderps IE, J4, Pantheon, Xin, Darius, Jayce)
AD Carry (glass cannon w/ an escape IE, Ezreal, Vayne, Corki)
Support (usually tanky IE amumu rammus malph etc)

2. Double AP
AP Bruiser
AD Bruiser
AP Assassin (glass cannon IE Fizz, Evelynn, Brand, Poppy,
Support

3. Double Tankyderps
AD Bruiser
AD Bruiser
AP Assassin
Support

4. POOTing
AD Bruiser
AP Bruiser
Tank
POOTERSS (high mobility back-dooring monster usually zilean, rammus, janna, or lulu)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At bottom there are really 4 primary archetypical picks:

1. AD Attrition
Fiora
Xin
Jayce
J4
Rengar

2. AP Attrition
Diana
Fizz

3. Sustain/Push
Yorick
Urrdurr (Udyr with HP regen EVERYTHING runs pheonix, stalemates lane and pushes like mad)
Zyra (push all day)
Heimer (push all day)
Mundo (Urrdurr variant)
Soraka (QQQQQQ pushes lane to tower with global presence)
Nunu (consume everything, AS slow counters AD attrition, spell vamp quints + early revolver means your consumes give you 9 BILLION health)

4. Trollololol
AD Malz (kind of hybrid attrition, scary as hell, strong push, can't 2v1 and no potential if switched top)

General Meta:

Summoners:
5 revives
bot takes garrison
support takes garrison
all other tops take either 2 exhausts 1 ignite or 3 exhausts

If you have any other questions feel free to post or add me in game!

gl on the scar

CnD Ânders

This! I find double AP works the best.