About Karma

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hegestratos

10-12-2012

So I hear you guys at riot are "reworking" her....

I honestly fear that you're going to ruin her just because so many people think she's weak although she's just hard to play (and I'm not talking about the Syndra kind of hard-to-play). And no, this is not about the annoying AP-Shield-Karma, but rather about the plain support karma (with some AP and lotsa gp5).

I give you this; she may have a below average early game against some other support champs (Taric and Alistar come to mind), but it's not really bad either: again, she's just a little harder to play. Play safe while taking advantage of possible baits (use your passive, time your shield, maximize the effectiveness of your mantras); this is what most people don't seem to understand.

Once you get enough CD and some AP, you're pretty much good to go. During the rest of the game Karma's extremely good, supporting the whole team in almost every possible aspect (speed boost/slow, heal, shield, fairly decent damage), while also being pretty tanky.

Anyway, I'd like to hear some (serious) input from you guys and hopefully from someone down at riot too. I hear they're planning on giving her only one mantra charge (which, IMO, would absolutely ruin her; not in the sense that she would be weak [she would obviously get a buff instead], but in the sense that she would lose all that which made her interesting in the first place). I really hope she doesn't get that LOLOLOL YOU GET ASSIST/KILL YOU REFRESH YOUR MANTRA CHARGE LOLOLOL. It's getting pretty old by now...

Drukyul

10-12-2012

Her numbers are simply not up to par.

Hegestratos

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drukyul View Post
If it's a problem about numbers, wouldn't a regular buff be enough? I think the rework is because most people don't know how to play her.

Shockdamost

10-12-2012

i lol'd

AsheIsElite

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drukyul View Post
Her numbers are huge lol.

Asdioh

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegestratos View Post
If it's a problem about numbers, wouldn't a regular buff be enough? I think the rework is because most people don't know how to play her.
She only has 3 spells, which have to be ranked up 6 times to be roughly as good as most rank 5 spells, and she has to worry about not only mana, but also mantras. She's weak in her current state. Not to mention that Spirit Bond is horribly underwhelming.

ZapMyHeart

10-12-2012

Riot believes her kit to be very underwhelming in terms of:
A) AP mage- She is heavily reliant on gold to get items to fix her CDR/Mana Regen issues.
B) Support- Lack utility, making her a sub-par support.

Combined together, she's clunky. She's can't support that well nor burst that well, which is why she's getting a rework. Of course, based on Guinsoo's past reworks, I'm pretty sure he'll keep her core gameplay intact.

Hegestratos

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asdioh View Post
She only has 3 spells, which have to be ranked up 6 times to be roughly as good as most rank 5 spells, and she has to worry about not only mana, but also mantras. She's weak in her current state. Not to mention that Spirit Bond is horribly underwhelming.
Ok, agreed on the first point.

Not at all on the second one (potentially +40% speed for all your teammates and -40% for some enemies.

Hegestratos

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZapMyHeart View Post
Riot believes her kit to be very underwhelming in terms of:
A) AP mage- She is heavily reliant on gold to get items to fix her CDR/Mana Regen issues.
B) Support- Lack utility, making her a sub-par support.

Combined together, she's clunky. She's can't support that well nor burst that well, which is why she's getting a rework. Of course, based on Guinsoo's past reworks, I'm pretty sure he'll keep her core gameplay intact.
Ok, thanks for the insight. Let's hope on the second part

SuperSobotka

10-12-2012

riot seems to like to ignore UP champs then release new champs that are just improved versions of them.

you think karma is the master of baits with her passive and blow up shield?

LULU is the master of baits with a SHIELD a HEAL/KNOCKUP a POLY AND a DOUBLE SLOW.

karma NEEDS to get something at level 6 because right now if you and another support hit level 6 if you duel, that level 6 support WITH AN ULTIMATE and her ad will win.

why would i ever pick karma support over lulu?