Jayce Changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrBoomstickESQ

10-03-2012

I play Jayce. I play him alot.(Not recently, I've been trying to increase my testosterone levels by playing as a bear) I'm not 100% sure if he's overpowered or not since I'm not the most qualified or informed enough to make a claim, but damn do I feel OP when I play him.

He has alot to his kit and it really feels rewarding to pull off his combos. Jayce's problems stem from his laning phase. He completely dominates most characters in lane with too little risk. With that in mind these are my proposed changes:

CHANGES:
To The Skies:
Increase Mana Cost by 20 each rank. New: 60/65/70/75/80 Old: 40/45/50/55/60

Shock Blast:
Increase Mana Cost by 10 each rank. New: 65/70/75/80/85 Old: 55/60/65/70/75

Lightning Field:
Increase passive's mana gain by 3 each rank and increase growth per level by 1. New: 9/12/15/18/21 Old: 6/8/10/12/14

Thundering Blow:
Increase Mana Cost by 20 each rank. New: 60/70/80/90/100 Old: 40/50/60/70/80

GOALS:
The goal of these changes is to make Jayce feel as though he has a weak point in lane. This will be achieved by increasing his costs and rewarding him for better utilizing his w's passive. So Jayce's weakness in lane will be when he has to get in close to recharge his mana. These changes will not take away the awesome feeling of playing Jayce yet at the same time making him more fun to play against.

Just think of him as that boss who's invulnerable until he blows all of his attacks and gets fatigued. Evade and strike!

I hope if Jayce is to be nerfed he's changed along this manner. So do you think this is the right direction to head with his nerfs? Do you think he should be nerfed at all?

MrBoomstickESQ

10-03-2012

Bump of the day.

SillySquirtle

10-03-2012

Give Jayce's Ult An Ammo System

Do it.

Pls

LunarisDream

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by imaptpie View Post
Give Jayce's Ult An Ammo System

Do it.

Pls
Make him have 2 charges, like Karma, that gets a new one every 30/25/20 seconds.

What, think the cooldown is too long? Karma players think so too.

Xcuz

10-03-2012

ssshhhhh

MrBoomstickESQ

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eo4 Xcuz View Post
ssshhhhh
Sadly, the secret's out..

TacoMental

10-03-2012

This is very similar to my thoughts. We can see his power when mana isn't a problem because it basically isn't. If you increase the mana costs but also make him able to smartly regen the mana with an increase on his passive gains you will see a mana bar that will drain quickly but if you get into the thick of things ( taking risks ) then he can fill it back up.

MrBoomstickESQ

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMental View Post
This is very similar to my thoughts. We can see his power when mana isn't a problem because it basically isn't. If you increase the mana costs but also make him able to smartly regen the mana with an increase on his passive gains you will see a mana bar that will drain quickly but if you get into the thick of things ( taking risks ) then he can fill it back up.
Exactly my thinking. Put the mana management into the players hands. Mana should be there for a reason. I'm not too sure about my numbers but I believe the concept is sound.

Kionashi

10-03-2012

my only concern is his charged beam, is too powerful

TacoMental

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kionashi View Post
my only concern is his charged beam, is too powerful
Which is why you increase the mana cost. AKA Mana gating. You limit its power by reducing how often it can be cast. To cast it more you have to build mana items or build mana in melee mode ( forcing more risk taking ).