Syndra Quality of Life/Useability changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crevox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2012

Hopefully Riot will fix her major bugs that are causing a lot of her problems:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2571815

Jusanden

Recruiter

10-14-2012

2 notes: It would be nice to have dark spheres give vision during the summoning or for the entire sphere duration, kinda like karthus/cass.

Also have force of weak prioritize golem and lizard. You almost never have a reason to target a dark sphere during that time frame, and the benefits far outweigh the possible consequences.

Feladorzor

10-14-2012

bump

Angel Aquarius

10-14-2012

In a team fight I would cast my ult and my target would die before it was cast... I just kept thinking in cartmens voice "wow i'd really like to E some balls right now but I seem to have lost my ballls.... hmmmmmm... *dies cus i couldn't stun to get away*

or ... *casts Q in front of me~enemy flashes toward me~ i E them and they are just knocked back not stunned* .... *YOU HAVE BEEN SLAIN* *cries in respawn limbo

so yes these fixes will be greatly appreciated.. by me at-least..

Toysoldier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2012

All of her skills need to react better. Her combo takes a lot of setup to use and it takes way to long to do so.

Speed up each of her skills from the time she clicks to the time it finishes.

Neo Cyrus

10-15-2012

The base movement speed of 305 is also just weird. Improving her mechanics a little is not going to be enough, the average ranked win rate with Syndra will remain in the 30% range. It's going to take a lot of work, but I'm sure someone has written a multiple page outline of what needs to be done already.

Mordiken

10-15-2012

I was just about to write a big post about what was wrong with Syndra but Riot seems to be headed in the right direction with these changes. Her main concern is that she's just slow with her spells.

The only thing they don't seem to be addressing at all is that her passive isn't useful... It doesn't do anything at all for the first half of the game and then it gives one move a hardly noticeable benefit. I'd really like to see this replaced with something else... preferably something to make her harder to kill (like the passives for Anivia/ Annie/ Leblanc/ Xerath/ Vlad/ etc). I'd support a passive that gave her a bonus to armor/ MR for every spell she cast recently (max 4 stacks or something), or just one like Xerath's that gave an armor for AP bonus. Obviously they don't plan on giving Anivia's passive to anyone else sometime soon.

My best idea for a new passive would be that every time you cast a spell, Syndra spawned another dark orb floating around her and all the orbs floating around her gave her bonus armor/ MR. She could always keep one and have a max of 4-5 floaty orbs, which would fade over time of not casting like a rage bar. It would also make her ult a lot easier to use with max orbs that way.

Tempestphile

10-15-2012

Hi Meddler

Right now, to have a 7 ball combo, you need 35%+ CDR for it to be reliable

If the ulti is balanced based on 7 balls and not 6 balls, i think that would be a bit too much, considering
single target only.

I personally think making balls staying for 6.5sec is not going to make her overpowered, prehaps something that can be considered?

Also i am so glad to hear W fixes the minion throwing issue. However, is it possible to look at where the minion is when being "dragged"? Would it be fairer if the minion is always besides her when being dragged? (so the spell won't worn off and drop say a tibbers next to your team, or a super minion)

GurkenMAN

10-15-2012

Nice to see u discussing changes and ideas here, Meddler!

How about giving her ulti something else?
OK, it does tons of dmg and leaves spheres for easy e-stun. But that just feels lame and gives her some gap between laning and tf-presence imo.
Id like to see some (even!) more utility on her. How about some small debuff on the ult so someone in range (often tank/bruiser) feels more than the dmg (which could be lowered a little then). Something like an armor shred (only 10-25% maybe, depending on dmg-number) or similar- please no mr-shred so she wont profit too much herself from this, but gives her team something more with her lowrange ult and makes it more usable/rewarding on the enemy initiator who is often the only one in range.

Grann Brigitte

10-15-2012

I realize that this thread is about discussing the current proposed changes to Syndra, but it would have been nice if Meddler would at least address my issue with her passive (posted on page 9), which I feel is something which absolutely has to be changed for Syndra to ever be anything but bad Orriana.

I just don't understand how you can even be looking at QOL and usability changes when a cornerstone of her design and flavor is pretty much just a blank space. The champion is incomplete: finish the concept and then polish it.

Look at other AP carry passives; they absolutely make the champion. Passives like Anivia's, Karthuses, Brand's, Katarina's, Ryze's- they add so much visceral coolness to the champions, and Syndra completely misses out on this. Even less unique passives, such as Cassiopeia's, Orriana's, Annies, at least have a noticeable and playstyle defining effects. Syndra's passive may as well be a blank white icon for the amount it does for her. In fact, it already is a blank white icon until you reach level 9. The fact that the weakest passive in the game doesn't even become 1/3rd (who am I kidding, the Q bonus is about 3/4ths of what this passive does) online until 9 is excruciating.

Riot does a really good job with design typically (I love orriana so much, and a lot of Syndra too) but this passive is just such a wild departure from the standard I am used to that it is actually outrageous.