Syndra Quality of Life/Useability changes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FearlessTeapot

10-12-2012

Also, in case anyone is keeping track of such things... Karma juuust edged out Syndra this past week as having the lowest win rate for all champs. Syndra is at around a 37% win percentage.

Edit: For clarity

stwall

10-12-2012

I love you so much right now. I've been loving playing her even now. She surprises a lot of my my lane opponents with her high burst at level 6. With these fixes....yessssss

Daemon

10-12-2012

This is more of a graphical fix and not a buff, but all spheres that would be effected by Scatter the Weak should have a skillshot arrow coming from them so the direction it will travel and exactly how far it'll go is more expected. Of course, this would only work with normal casting and (maybe?) smart cast with range indicators.

For a comparison, Lulu's Q when Pix in on another champion has a skillshot arrow to aid players in landing the slow.

50West

10-12-2012

Range INCREASE on her ult?? I hope that was a joke. That range is already ridiculous.

KnightOfOrder

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

I dont see you answering any question, Meddler, but i hope you can indulge me for a second. Have you ever though about reverting her Q CD to how it was before she went live, by that i mean it having a 3 sec CD at max level, she's really really dependant on her Q and making it a wee bit more spammy would help her a ton to make her a threat in teamfights.

Para

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

Im dying for Syndra love here <3

Thanks Meddler.

edit: I hope you did read my thread here http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=29551242

Astral Yorae

10-12-2012

The changes seems interesting.
There is something I would like to add/suggest also, regarding Force of Wil's responsiveness/cosmetic:

When you grab a target, it looks like she is lacing it with an elastic. At least to me, it doesn't looks like a Force of Will power. Also, if you grab a target behind you and throw in front of you, will take more time than if you grab a target near the point you will drop it.
My suggestion would be changing how it works and the animation:
-What if she used her left hand to "hold" the target floating above her head? The target would be inside a energy bubble/sphere linked with her left hand by a dark lightning chain.
-As soon you order to grab it, she opens her left hand's palm in it's direction and the bubble appears and pulls asap above her head (or at her left side, actually any place near her), meaning it will travel the same distance to any point inside the skill's radius when you throw it.
-When you order to throw it, she moves her hand and points to the destination point, as if directing the object there with her mind and not throwing an elastic.

In my oppinion, it would increase the response of that skill and would also make it better "cosmetically".

Another suggestion, just throwing an idea here. With the changes above, if she ordered to throw the object together with Scatter the Weak, it would travel a longer distance and that only obeject would deal a higher damage (or stronger slow, or popup, or something else like smash a target against a wall). That would make her even more tatical and "combo-ish".

Astral Yorae.

lceIceBaby

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50West View Post
Range INCREASE on her ult?? I hope that was a joke. That range is already ridiculous.
Are you on crack?

FistOf7Dragons

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinDelMarr View Post
Meddler, I want to use Rengar as an example here:

When he was released many believed he was underpowered, but as soon as he got a few buffs and major QoL changes, he quickly shot up into broken/OP territory by many players. Do you think now that Syndra has gotten major power buffs to all abilities, and will soon get QoL changes to make her abilities more responsive/easier to execute, that she will potentially enter some sort of overpowered territory?

I find her zoning and stun to be very effective in-lane as is, and I fear that she will become too powerful with the zoning and base power she has now. I can already imagine Syndra players landing every stun, hitting every Q, and getting out 3 spheres and annhilate\ing squishies for 3000+ damage within a few seconds with little effort and risk. I hope I didn't overexaggerate, but I am fearful for what she may become given super powered abilities that are easy to execute (Maybe Release Zyra is an example to use here)
thats why they should have done the bug fixes first ._.

Proelium

10-12-2012

Too late, already got my refund.