Why is Zyra only used as support now

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cryptids

10-11-2012

Question mark

JesusPwns0926

10-11-2012

Because she is kind of a boring mid, but fun as a poke support.

Plus all the pros in tourneys have been playing more support Zyra than mid Zyra

DaSuperMinion

10-11-2012

I don't play her much, but when I do I own mid with her most of the time...

SinsoljaX

10-11-2012

shes a stronger mid then support.
i still see her mid often.

Killrazor

10-11-2012

decent range, good poke, slow, snare, AOE knockup. good stuff for a support.

Cowgomoomoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

good with kog for kills from the grave!

onboardtonowhere

10-11-2012

There are better picks for pros than zyra. She doesn't really have good roaming abilities and though she has a great ult, she can get ganked quite easily and shut down early. That's why pros tend to play champs like eve (roam) karthus (late game and global presence), ryze (tanky sustained damage).

Opachopp

10-11-2012

I still see Nyjacky using her mid.

Prometheius

10-11-2012

I like her mid, but I can see how she's a good support.

She has pretty high base damage if she lands a full combo, free CDR, low CD CC, area denial, a very nice Ulti, and decent peel power.

Her AP scaling is decent, but with how fast plants can get killed, it won't really matter later on.

Also, since you have a CC mage as support, you can play a lower CC but more lethal character in another slot or have even more CC somewhere else.

It's like a ranged mage Leona. Lock someone down while raising ally damage for an easy kill.

Albireo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by onboardtonowhere View Post
There are better picks for pros than zyra. She doesn't really have good roaming abilities and though she has a great ult, she can get ganked quite easily and shut down early. That's why pros tend to play champs like eve (roam) karthus (late game and global presence), ryze (tanky sustained damage).
What?, no roam capabilities? She have an AOE snare, and a burst, and some map control with seeds.

you can just chain CC very easy with her after her E land. She is also a good pusher, and overall, her ganks are pretty similar as Morgs, she push, she need to land her snare to actually gank something.

If you feel slow, go mov speed quints, and rush boots 2 after two dorans. thats, it. It's not a weird build at all.