Theory: Counter-AD: Thorn-PD Rammus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PracticalPotato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

@Izzoth
So far, I'm assuming that I'm fighting a generic AD melee top. I can't go too far into theoretics yet.
I start with Cloth+5HP to give me as much staying power as possible. In trades, you can turn on W. With Rammus's passive armor and W armor combined with Cloth armor and 5 HP pots, I should be ok with staying top. If I need to (I might) I can get Ninja Tabi for additional defense as I make my way to a Thornmail.

When I get it, I can continue to lane and I'll pretty much win all trades.

I'm hoping this'll work with a Blitzcrank top feel. High stats can have a good advantage in lane, and Rammus with all that armor will have some decent AD. And of course the armor itself.

SuperSobotka

10-12-2012

if i was against a rammus top lane and he activated his w

i would just back off, wasted mana for no benefit.

plus a lot of top laners, dont even rely on auto attacks as their main source of damage

olaf/yorick/jayce/kennen/vlad/rumble/riven just off the top of my head.

PracticalPotato

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

1. So you name all the ranged ones and the AP mages that I pretty much said will probably kick your ass. Thanks.
2. Olaf hella uses his autoattacks to harass. Even if he doesn't, he can't just chill with Undertow all day. Taunt him. Same deal with Riven. Taunt her.
3. I said it's like Blitzcrank. Play passive-aggressive, farm at the turret, unless you know you can win a trade.
4. This is mostly meant as a counterpicking option.