The Mentor System!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Istiku

10-11-2012

Stolen from a thread in the EU forums, thought it was a fantastic idea and decided to share.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phone
The mentor system is something i thought of when i figured out that getting the honor helpful was quite difficult when you have over 3000 games played since at this point every player i play with basicly knows everything already. So i thought about this system, what do you guys think about it?

Before you hit level 30 you have an additional matchmaking option to choose ''Mentored match''.
In this game mode your team will be assigned a mentor that will spectate the team, the mentor can only see your vision meaning he cant see the enemy team unless you can.

The mentor can talk in the team chat, talking about strategies and what items are good for a certain champion and why, where to ward and so on and other things that are good to have in mind in order to become a better player.
(You can mute the mentor if he is being an ass)

Level 30s can choose the ''Mentor Match'' option to mentor a team. Being a mentor is someone that is being looked up to by the others players so its important to do your best and be a good mentor. The ones that doesn't fill these conditions as a mentor will be banned from this option in the future.
Mentoring a match does not give IP in the begining but if you keep up your good work and earn the helpful honor you get IP for mentoring aswell.

After the match the team have the option to give helpful honor to the mentor if they think he deserves it. They can also report the mentor if he is being a bad one.

This just jumped into my head and i thought i'd give it a shot and show it to you guys.
Im open to all feedback ofcourse as long as you explain why you think this way and not just say its a bad idea becuase then i don't know why
Is it a good idea? A bad one? Is there something is should add or remove?

Would also be great to have a riot post in here to see what they think
original post: http://euw.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=876349

IntrepidOtter

10-11-2012

I'd definitely mentor, sounds like a good idea

Drukyul

10-11-2012

Set a minimum amount of honor received before a person can become a Mentor in the first place.

FrozenStorm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

I have to assume something like this is being worked on, as DotA2 was advertising it as a major feature previously. I would definitely be in favor of such a system and would be happy to mentor

KodiakDug

10-11-2012

It doesn't sound bad at all. Maybe only mentor summoners in the >10 lvl range...

Istiku

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KodiakDug View Post
It doesn't sound bad at all. Maybe only mentor summoners in the >10 lvl range...
My brother, who just recently got into this game, still constantly asks me about what items to build, what is viable, which champion is good in what lane... and he is level 26~

Heck I've been 30 for a long time and have spent countless hours researching this game and I believe I would STILL benefit from some sort of mentor system.

Also having a leader to guide the team from such a early point in the system might promote more teamwork later on...

Ran Yakumo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drukyul View Post
Set a minimum amount of honor received before a person can become a Mentor in the first place.
This. Also they can't have been banned like, maybe over two times?

Istiku

10-11-2012

bump