League of Legends Community Infographic

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deo Thor

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryndamere View Post
and Teemo dies 324% more frequently!
This part i hate most. Teemo should have immortal skill, making him unkillable for 10hours!

RainbowTrenches

10-12-2012

I like how for Average Worldwide Play hours EVERY MONTH is in bold and red while (since Q3 2012) is in this tiny italic font. So, every month since...October (since Q3 just ended)?

TaironLocke

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Roughly 4 years ago, I joined Riot as employee #30-something. At the time, it consisted of an inconveniently laid-out office, where "Conference room 2" and "Conference room 3" were shared stairwells we had with other tenants, the pizza box grease stains had somehow sank into the carpet, and our office dinner program was a combination of Guinsoo's carne asada cooked up on the balcony, the snack bar (which was invariably down to those oreo 100 calorie packs), and coffee.

We've always questioned if what we are doing will be able to meet the expectations of gamers, and that time was no different. Thinking it through, we were just unsure on so many things... we were optimistically hoping that we could achieve 10 or 20 thousand peak concurrent users within 6 months of launch if we did a good job. I think we did a lot of things well with the game at launch, but we also have had a lot of hiccups (and outright disasters), and we are extremely thankful that you guys were patient with us when things were not good (not launching with a store, unstable servers, and play balance on the original Xin Zhao), and gave us positive reinforcement when we did well.

Thanks for making this happen, LoL players... Both for giving us a chance, and for letting us continue to do our best to bring you the most fun game we can.

- Zileas
All my rage aside, I really feel like someone somehow has created a good game here, and for that I am grateful. But Riot has to ask themselves what makes a game great. Then go there. I feel like you have become victim of an ad populum here...in the sense that you self affirm greatness due to your popularity. Take this to the next level guys. The game and the community deserve it.

But overall, thanks.

GhostStatus

10-12-2012

Quote:
Roughly 4 years ago, I joined Riot as employee #30-something. At the time, it consisted of an inconveniently laid-out office, where "Conference room 2" and "Conference room 3" were shared stairwells we had with other tenants, the pizza box grease stains had somehow sank into the carpet, and our office dinner program was a combination of Guinsoo's carne asada cooked up on the balcony, the snack bar (which was invariably down to those oreo 100 calorie packs), and coffee.

We've always questioned if what we are doing will be able to meet the expectations of gamers, and that time was no different. Thinking it through, we were just unsure on so many things... we were optimistically hoping that we could achieve 10 or 20 thousand peak concurrent users within 6 months of launch if we did a good job. I think we did a lot of things well with the game at launch, but we also have had a lot of hiccups (and outright disasters), and we are extremely thankful that you guys were patient with us when things were not good (not launching with a store, unstable servers, and play balance on the original Xin Zhao), and gave us positive reinforcement when we did well.

Thanks for making this happen, LoL players... Both for giving us a chance, and for letting us continue to do our best to bring you the most fun game we can.

- Zileas

ofcourse u da man zileas

YoshioPeePee

10-12-2012

yeah but how many KILLS per second does teemo get? :3

Panwar

10-12-2012

Quote:
, and our office dinner program was a combination of Guinsoo's carne asada...
But really, what else do you need other than carne asada?

FMAlchemy

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chozair View Post
This is pretty cool but there could have been some more stuff like "The Most Played Champion" and " The Least Played Champion" and stuff like that
Then the most played champion would probably Ashe, since its the starting champion for almost everyone.

Manipul8or

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

It still amazes me to see how much this game has grown since I started playing back when there were fewer than 50,000 players, only a few years and such exponential growth

FMAlchemy

10-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHDATWGUY View Post
doesn't include the demographic of players from mainland China ?? personally I thought it would be more..
China has its own "game" (server).
This is the "Global" server.

Art Aizen

10-12-2012

and they should put up about how quick their forum pages grows... especially on errors... lol... no offense, it's just amazing how you open the last page and when u refresh, bam there's more ...