Riot, I need an answer. About to quit LoL for this single reason!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Namulith

10-11-2012

it's just an incredibly long cast time, think like what rengar's shout used to be.

PsykeSC

10-11-2012

Except it was already a feature, not a bug. This has been stated already. The tooltip is misleading but Ezreal's ultimate requires Ezreal to wind it up, but it is essentially, not a channel. It does not have a channel cast mechanic-wise and is treated as such.

Kaling of Titans

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verandriel View Post
He isn't; Lux's ult is the same way.
Lux's ult is not a channel.

scrimbul

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsykeSC View Post
Except it was already a feature, not a bug. This has been stated already. The tooltip is misleading but Ezreal's ultimate requires Ezreal to wind it up, but it is essentially, not a channel. It does not have a channel cast mechanic-wise and is treated as such.
Again, meaning that someone in champion design needs to be fired because there is no plausible balance reason to leave it that way except for people who need a way to ignore bad positioning to pull off clutch moves.

scrimbul

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaling of Titans View Post
Tooltips be damned, Lux's ult and Ezreal's ult are functionally cast the same way using similar scripts.

Zhugan

10-11-2012

Quote:
Ez starts channel on ult, I instantly stun him.
Ult goes anyway.

Ez start channel on ult. I yank, knock up AND silence him.
Ult goes anyway.

Ez starts channel,
Pantheon Jumps him, galio uses ult, cho's spikes knock him in the air+cho silences, blitz yanks, knocks him up, and uses ult for silence, and WW uses his ultimate.

Ult goes off anyway.

ಠ_ಠ

Nothing in the skill description says he is immune to cc while CHANNELING his ult. Nothing.

I just started playing support, and I am about to my last freaking straw every time I see him using ult, that I in vain go out of my way to stop it.

So riot, my question to you is: Why? Just why? ಥ﹏ಥ
Some spells, once they start their "channel" cannot be cancelled. Another example is Garen's ultimate. The channel time is meant to be a delay to allow players to dodge/react to the wind up to the spell.

Jozxyqk

10-11-2012

Obviously you cant just accept how Riot wants Ez to work. So deal with it, or bounce and save us your rage.

Or, let the butthurt flow through you. Its kinda funny to see you rage over something so inconsequential.

Serafe

10-11-2012

the darius cancel on death is true for ez too, used to happen to me once in a while when i played him ap mid, they be 200 hp and i get killed mid ulty and they walk away, it the same as darius. ive flashed an had a darius been pulled in the opposite direction at the same time for his animation to finish an me to be Axed from like 2000 units away

Sydelle

10-11-2012

My boyfriend was playing Ezrael today, he clicked R and then the computer disconnected. When he reconnected, the Ezrael ult went off without him pressing anything -- right as enemies were approaching his motionless character by the river too.

@.@

Verandriel

10-11-2012

Quote:
People like you are the reason why we cannot have nice things. It's the same mechanic. Just because it says "after gathering energy" instead of "after channeling" does not make it any different from Ezreal's ult. It's like saying "SolarBeam works differently from Sky Attack; SolarBeam's charge up says that the user takes in sunlight, while Sky Attack's charge up says that the user is glowing! Clearly they are two completely different mechanics even though they are both generic charge ups!"

Fiddlesticks's drain deals damage over time while channeling, and heals him over time. Fiddlesticks's ult displaces him after he's done channeling in addition to doing a large amount of damage in an AoE. Katarina's ult does a large amount of damage in an AoE. Karthus's ult deals unavoidable damage (short of Zhonya's, trollpole/trollpool, well-timed Vayne ult + tumble/fiddlesticks ult) after he's done channeling. Nunu's ult does more damage the longer he's channeling and has an effect while he's channeling. Galio's ult taunts while he's channeling and does more damage the longer he's channeling (well, the more he gets attacked while channeling). Malzahar's ult suppresses you while he's channeling in addition to doing damage over time. Urgot's ult suppress you while he's channeling, then swaps. Master Yi's meditate gives him a LOT of armor/MR while channeling and heals him over time. WW's ult suppresses you and deals damage over time while healing him over time. Pantheon's, TF's, and Shen's ults can move them almost anywhere on the map (Panth and TF are limited by 5500 range, Shen by only being able to ult to allies).

The channel on Ez's and Lux's ults is just there to give you some time to move if you're planning on dodging it, or to kill them. Remember, Ez and Lux still cannot move during the "channel".