How many threads get read or at least glimpsed by Riot?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zomg101

10-11-2012

Let's put it this way...

If you went to a restaurant, would you expect the busboy to be able to memorize and tell you the restaurant's history of sales and purchases? No, you most likely wouldn't. He could tell you about the menu or recommend a dish to you, but why expect him to possess knowledge for something he isn't actually supposed to do?

Hidden Sniper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Well, a gold player who only played twitch gave suggestions on QOL stuff to fix him. Making Q a reliable steriod, etc.

Instead Riot is reworking him... AGAIN. Removing the attack speed boost on Q and turning it into bonus magic damage. They do not take stuff to heart I think.

Verandriel

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post
(But we're always watching...)
RlOTBIGBROTHER WHERE?!

Dyrone T0nk

10-11-2012

Quote:
Because I can say I like puppies without fear of undermining Riot's user-facing plan for announcing our puppy opinion to the world?

I can't talk to you about new maps, or what happened during the tournament, or why we banned whichever group of people a month ago. In fact, as an engineer, most of what I do is completely uninteresting to most people. But when there's something I do know, like for example why customized recommended items are breaking for certain characters, I respond and work out how to fix that issue.

As much as I'd love to respond to every single one of your concerns, I cannot.
so there is going to be more maps!?

cheddar fetter

10-11-2012

Quote:
(But we're always watching...)

Filthy Animals

Network Ops Technician

10-11-2012
3 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Because I can say I like puppies without fear of undermining Riot's user-facing plan for announcing our puppy opinion to the world?

I can't talk to you about new maps, or what happened during the tournament, or why we banned whichever group of people a month ago. In fact, as an engineer, most of what I do is completely uninteresting to most people. But when there's something I do know, like for example why customized recommended items are breaking for certain characters, I respond and work out how to fix that issue.

As much as I'd love to respond to every single one of your concerns, I cannot.
So true!

FeersomeWizzard

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endertome View Post
Then why does it seem like there's always a red post in stupid threads, memes, and bad running jokes, but never in response to something that may actually be considered important?

This thread and a few others as exceptions, of course.
I think this one is all about perception. We all have certain priorities, and we feel like ours necessarily are the most important in the world. If you asked GD if Riot avoids important issues, most would say yes. If you asked them WHAT issues, things might get a bit more muddy.

On that note, RUMBLE THE DIGGER WHERe

Labcown

10-11-2012

Quote:
I like puppies
And there it is, proof that Riot has a definitive favoritism of dogs, leaving cats and a lot of other animals out in the cold in the champion pool. (Rengar is a weak attempt to appease us, don't think we didn't notice.)

I mean where is our flamingo champion Riot? I will not rest until this discrimination of animal kind has been thoroughly brought to justice.

WhattayaBrian

Engineer

10-11-2012
4 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labcown View Post
And there it is, proof that Riot has a definitive favoritism of dogs, leaving cats and a lot of other animals out in the cold in the champion pool. (Rengar is a weak attempt to appease us, don't think we didn't notice.)

I mean where is our flamingo champion Riot? I will not rest until this discrimination of animal kind has been thoroughly brought to justice.

RockLobster88

10-11-2012

/thread